Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Card

tag
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

Apple Card

On 1/3 I made a payment on my Apple Card for 450.00 to pay for vet bill. Normally when I make a payment, I have the available credit instantly (I've had the card for a year and half). I was using my Apple Card to get 2% cash back on that bill. There was a charge on my bank account that I didn't account for a yearly subscription of 99 dollars (only had 500 in my checking at that time), so the payment failed for the 450 on 1/5 since I didn't have enough funds to cover the payment (first ever failed payment with GS). That put me over the limit (1,500). I was able to make another payment until 1/9 late in the evening for 450.00 (posted on 1/11), and another payment for 25 on 1/10. I made a payment yesterday for 25, and my available credit still says 0.00. I should have 57.58 available credit, but it hasn't changed. This is my daily driver too for most of my purchases. Does anyone know when I will have the available credit? My credit limit hasn't been lowered. Should I contact Goldman 

Sachs?

98EC0722-1362-45C0-A525-0C79DB411863.jpeg

DE292E8D-BB46-410C-9CC5-0A10EDA2DAC8.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RASULL12
Contributor

Re: Apple Card

They could be waiting to ensure that this payment clears before releasing the available credit back on the card. 

Message 2 of 7
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

As this card is your daily driver  and Monday a banking holiday, I would chat with them.

Ask if them if they can see When the hold may be released.

GL

Message 3 of 7
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

This is the response that I received. I'll just have to use my Navy Federal Cash Rewards card as my daily in the interim. I use it when I have to swipe the Apple Card. I do have a Cap1 Savor 6K limit and a Quicksilver 4k limit (gonna try to combine them and get rid of the Quicksilver), but I'm not using those right now as I'm trying to pay them off.

B327E5C3-F497-4795-ADD8-BB6743183FD4.jpeg

Message 4 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@soxfaininfl wrote:

This is the response that I received. I'll just have to use my Navy Federal Cash Rewards card as my daily in the interim. I use it when I have to swipe the Apple Card. I do have a Cap1 Savor 6K limit and a Quicksilver 4k limit (gonna try to combine them and get rid of the Quicksilver), but I'm not using those right now as I'm trying to pay them off.

Capital One limit is cannot be reallocated or combined, unfortunately. In the past, yes. Not any longer unless Capital One decides to reverse that policy in the future.

Message 5 of 7
soxfaininfl
Frequent Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

Capital One limit is cannot be reallocated or combined, unfortunately. In the past, yes. Not any longer unless Capital One decides to reverse that policy in the future.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Lol I know they have done that in the past. I'll give a shot, the worst that they can say when I call is no. Worst comes to worst, I can throw some spend here and there on it to keep it active once I pay it off.

Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@soxfaininfl wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@soxfaininfl wrote:

I was hoping you wouldn't say that. Lol I know they have done that in the past. I'll give a shot, the worst that they can say when I call is no. Worst comes to worst, I can throw some spend here and there on it to keep it active once I pay it off.

That policy changed several years ago and no one has been able to do so since then. Obviously, they're going to confirm what's already been stated here, but you're welcome to try 🤷‍♂️

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.