cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Credit Card- is this worth accepting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple Credit Card- is this worth accepting?

Decided to see what GS would offer me for the Apple Card.  I'm a bit disappointed that it's only $5500 and at 15.99%.   I'm here to see if this is actually good for this offer considering the times we are in and if it's worth accepting.  I have a few more Apple purchases to make but put my last huge purchase on on of my 0% APR cards (which will be done in October). 

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apple Credit Card- is this worth accepting?

IMO not worth it..  One of the cards I have that I regret getting as have other cards that can give me the financing along with equal or greater cash back and are more flexible.  Is it neat and cool ya, but is it subpar for most things as well - yep it is.

Message 2 of 28
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

I got yet another credit card offer from Apple this week, and I am still not biting (pun intended).  Just not worth it.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 3 of 28
Rogue46
Established Contributor

This is one of the cards I regret getting. It's cool looking and heavy metal but I reallly don't use it as intended so it's pretty worthless. If you are a big Apple person then it's for you otherwise there are much better cards available 

Message 4 of 28
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I would agree with the other comments here. 

As an "Apple guy" I get a decent value from the card. My limit is higher but my APR is the same. They are not as aggressive as other banks on that stuff...at least not now. Perhaps GS will be more competitive in the future. This month marks 1 year the card has been available so perhaps some enhancements post-COVID-ish. 

On the positive, as stated you can see the SL and APR before accepting as it's done via SP and CLI's are also SP. They just started reporting to EX last month. 

With no AF, it's not terrible but I wouldn't look for it to be super competitive outside the Apple Ecosystem

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

IMO not worth it..  One of the cards I have that I regret getting as have other cards that can give me the financing along with equal or greater cash back and are more flexible.  Is it neat and cool ya, but is it subpar for most things as well - yep it is.

Thanks!!

Message 6 of 28
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Certainly rewards wise it is pretty weak, I guess it is a personal choice as to whether some of the other features (including neat and cool!) are enough to make up for that.

As an off-the-wall comparison, US Bank REI card gives 2% for all mobile wallet (not just apple pay) and gives 5% in its "eco-system" (which is perhaps not nearly as big/exciting as Apple!)   To say nothing of all the cards that give 2%+ everywhere.

Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you buy Applecare, some Citi and Amexs will extend it, much better than Apple card

Message 8 of 28
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP how many times have you checked your Apple Card offer?  

While it is true that other cards give better rewards, I will say I don't regret getting mine. The methods of tracking purchases, and the iPhone statement and payments tech are different enough that it is interesting. 

If you buy a lot of Apple gear, it may turn out to be useful. The APR can't be reduced but with significant spend the CLI might be possible. 

The card itself is unique and elegant. That is part of why I don't regret getting it. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 9 of 28
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

+1 Smiley Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.