Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing

tag
gr2013
Established Member

Apple Financing

I have got to say you guys are all a bunch of great people. I'm trying to rebuild my credit and I've recently got approved for a Tires Plus account for $800 and I figured why not try with Apple/Barclay's since I kept reading about how great they are with getting approved. I applied online and got declined so I called the backdooor number......at first they told me I didn't have enough credit and that I needed to build up my credit. My TU score is 667, but I only have 1 tradeline and it's only 1 month old. I called back and they reviewed my account and they said to wait about 3 months to show payment history with my new account..........so another NO. I was discouraged and felt awful. I waited another 5 minutes and called back a 3rd time. The guy I spoke with thoroughly went over my credit report with me. I was honest and I got approved for $1,500!!!!!! I can't believe it, 3rd times a charm.

Thanks for all the valuable information and success stories from everyone, that is what encouraged me to continue calling and not take no for an answer. On the road to rebuilding my credit.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Financing

That's terrific!  Congratulations on your new card!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Financing

Congrats on the approval, your persistence paid off! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.