Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Financing

tag
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Financing

Got my Apple Financing in February 2014, and have seen no love from them as far as Auto CLI, and I can't find a CSR to PC my card to the Rewards MC like I want. Frustrating. I'm just gonna SD the card til I get the PC. When I contacted them via FB they just had me call and gave me the same "no". I have zero issues with their Customer Service, they're open 24 hours, always understandable, just can't get the PC from a card I have no use for. I'm in the door with em, but I can't wait til I'm done with my 12 month garden and apply for the SM and Rewards MC!

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 31 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

I was told to wait at least a year before PC ing this card. But maybe you will have luck.
Message 32 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

Also. I found the other person that just did it. He said. He asked to transfer his limit to another card. And they did but left 100 on hind financing visa. But ymmv.
Message 33 of 49
makin_no_cents
Valued Member

Smiley Happy well I don't mind impressing the chucks at Burger King.  Some are fine. Lol.  

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but personally I'd rather impress the bettys than the chucks...just sayin. Smiley Surprised

Message 34 of 49
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
I was told to wait at least a year before PC ing this card. But maybe you will have luck.

Even that is no guarantee.  My account was a year old on Friday and I just called about a PC and was told they are account specific.  You may get an offer you may not.

I didn't.

I told them I had no use for the Apple card and wanted to change... They said I was welcome to apply for another card and upon approval I could transfer my Apple CL to a new card.

I'm still gardening so just gonna keep doing what I am doing for now.   Maybe they'll offer me a PC later.  I've thought about contacting the EO via Facebook... Will post back if I do. 

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 35 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

Come on now. Using iphone. Meant to say chicks. Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

So they want you to app for new. Than transfer. Hmmm. Not sure if I can do that. I wonder if you can transfer part of limit. As not to have brand new TL only. After a year. Would just keep it then. Geez. Why is Barclays being so difficult.
Message 37 of 49
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
So they want you to app for new. Than transfer. Hmmm. Not sure if I can do that. I wonder if you can transfer part of limit. As not to have brand new TL only. After a year. Would just keep it then. Geez. Why is Barclays being so difficult.

hmm, I did this

Timeline: got an Apple Financing card, did a near 3x CLI after 6 months or a year, don't remember

eventually got a Barclays Arrival+ with X limit. Immediately called a representative to get it higher, they begrundingly raised it, then I transferred 70% of my Apple limit to it. Resulting in a 20k limit for my Arrival+

fun.

Then closed the Apple Visa, really dislike that card, nothing special about it

Message 38 of 49
taxi818
Super Contributor

Wow. That's good. I will go that route. Don't know about the 3x increase. As sl is 2k.
Message 39 of 49
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:
Wow. That's good. I will go that route. Don't know about the 3x increase. As sl is 2k.

I will do the same.  Still gardening with plans to app for SM/Arrival sometime in 2015.

FICO8 current as of : ----- EQ: --- TU: --- EX: ---
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 7 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $6500 Amex Delta Platinum $10,000 Care Credit $12,000
NFCU CashRewards $6000 Apple Card $2000 Best Buy $3500 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) $44k new - balance $31k/6.94%
Total CL: $45,000 --- Total CC UTI: --% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 11-30-23
Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.