Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay and Capital One

tag
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Apple Pay and Capital One

My pixel phone pooped out on me and I bought a 6s Plus to use while it is getting serviced by Google.

I cannot seem to get my Cap1 card to be added to the wallet.

I added my Credit Union Debit Card Fine.

I double checked all 16 digits, 3 digit code, expiry, address, middle inital, phone number, etc and make sure it matched my phone and my Cap1 profile, which it does.

Keeps saying "Card not added - Contact Card Issuer".

I tried adding both of my Cap 1 cards, a secured and a regular platinum, with no luck.

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple Pay and Capital One

I am an Iphone user, but my card was added by adding the Cap1 app. No need to enter any numbers....

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 2 of 15
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

So you downloaded the Cap1 app, logged in, and you were given an option to add those cards to applepay?

Credit Card companies have a name for those who pay their bill in full each month: Deadbeats
Message 3 of 15
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

yes

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have the Capital One app installed it should give you the option to use the app when you add the card to Wallet but there is a known issue where Capital One sometimes can't add cards to additional phones if you didn't remove your token from the old one. In those cases Capital One cannot fix it last I heard. 

Message 5 of 15
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I deleted and downloaded the capital 1 app again, nothing popped up about apple pay.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's weird. I just added mine and it didn't even prompt me to go through the app. I took a picture, added my middle initial to my name, hit next, it asked for expiration and CVV, hit next and it dropped me off at the card screen with a message from Capital One Mobile saying the card was added to Apple Pay. 

B388245B-68AE-448A-89DC-67FAD79ADFBA.jpeg

You may have unfortunately run into the issue Capital One is said to be unable to fix. Did you remove your card from your old phone?

Message 7 of 15
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

I had an android phone prior. Never used the google pay on it.

I tried adding my Capital 1 Secured, the Unsecured Platinum, my Fiance's Unsecured Platinum, My Credit One Bank..her Credit One Bank..nothing worked.

I tried adding her DISCOVER..and it WORKED.

So I have no idea what neither credit one or capital one is working.

But I added 2 other cards fine. So it doesn't seem like a phone issue.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like it's time to call Capital One. 

I actually had Discover put me through fraud verification to add my Disco to Apple Pay. Quite frankly I'm surprised that Capital One was instant - it wasn't last time, I had to verify with the app. 

Message 9 of 15
Cleaningitup2016
Frequent Contributor

Just tried adding my Discover (had it in the sock drawer and I'm an AU).

It worked too.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.