cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card combination question

Cashbackjunky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question


@jasonbourne84 wrote:

Thanks for posting this, @Cashbackjunky. I'm curious to see how this ends up working.


That's what these boards are for. I'll be sure to update the post with the results once we're able to merge the accounts.

 

I'll also update once the accounts report to the bureaus and let everyone know how that looks.

 

Cheers!

AmEx BCP - $34k | Apple GS Card - $25k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $41k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $25k | BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $30k | Capital One Quicksilver - $5k | Capital One Venture - $30k | Chase Amazon Rewards - $18.6k | Chase Freedom - $8.5k | Chase Freedom Flex - $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $35k | Citi Custom Cash - $11.9k | Citi Double Cash - $11.4k | Discover It - $21.3k | Discover It Chrome - $14.5k | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $10k | Wells Fargo Active Cash - $10.4k
817 INQs: 10
823 INQs: 3
810 INQs: 12
Total Credit Line: $341,600 Total CC's: 17


Gardening until 12/2022 (year and a half in total)
Message 11 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

For quick reference, posting the fine print (footnotes) from Apple's web page on this here:

 

  1. Apple Card Family participants and co-owners do not need to have a familial relationship, but must be part of the same Apple Family Sharing group.
  2. Each Co-Owner is individually liable for all balances on the co-owned Apple Card including amounts due on your Co-Owner’s account before the accounts are merged. Each Co-Owner will be reported to credit bureaus as an Owner on the account. In addition, Co-Owners will have full visibility into all account activity and each Co-Owner is responsible for the other Co-Owner’s instructions or requests. Co-ownership involves risk, including payment history and other information about your Apple Card, including negative items like missed payments. Addition of new Co-Owner or merging existing accounts is subject to credit approval and general eligibility requirements. For Apple Card eligibility requirements, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209218. Either Co-Owner can close the account at any time which may negatively impact your credit and you will still be responsible for paying all balances on the account. For details on account sharing options including some of the risks and benefits, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020.
  3. Building credit “equally” means that the payment history and other information about your Apple Card will be reported to credit bureaus for each co-owner. Each co-owner is individually liable for all balances on the co-owned Apple Card and each will be reported to credit bureaus as an owner on the account. Credit reporting includes payment history and other information about your Apple Card, including negative items like missed payments. Card usage and payment history may impact each co-owners credit score differently because each individual’s credit history will include information that is unique to them. Either co-owner can close the account at any time but you will still be responsible for paying all balances on the account. For details on account sharing options including some of the risks and benefits, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020.
  4. If you are a Participant, you are able to spend on the account, but are not responsible for payments. Being a Participant who is reported to the credit bureaus on an account that has a negative payment history (e.g. the account goes past due) or is over utilized can have negative effects on your credit. The account owner remains responsible for all purchases made by a Participant. For more details including some risks and benefits of being a Participant, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212271.
  5. If you are a Participant, you are able to spend on the account, but are not responsible for payments. Being a Participant who is reported to the credit bureaus on an account that has a negative payment history (e.g. the account goes past due) or is over utilized can have negative effects on your credit. For details on credit reporting, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020. For more details including some risks and benefits of being a Participant, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212271.
  6. An Apple Cash card is required. Participants under 18 on Apple Card Family accounts must have the family organizer of their Apple Cash Family set up their own Apple Cash card. If you do not have an Apple Cash account, Daily Cash can be applied as a credit on account owner’s statement balance by contacting Goldman Sachs Bank USA. The Apple Cash card is issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC.
  7. Credit limits can only be combined when an existing Apple Card customer requests to share merge their account with another existing Apple Card customer. Merging existing accounts is subject to credit approval and general eligibility requirements.
  8. Owners can set transaction limits at any time for Participants through the Wallet app, but this does not limit a Participant’s ability to spend up to the available credit limit on the account. Participant cards can also be locked to pause their spending at any time through the Wallet app.

Message 12 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question


@jasonbourne84 wrote:

For quick reference, posting the fine print (footnotes) from Apple's web page on this here:

 

  1. Apple Card Family participants and co-owners do not need to have a familial relationship, but must be part of the same Apple Family Sharing group.
  2. Each Co-Owner is individually liable for all balances on the co-owned Apple Card including amounts due on your Co-Owner’s account before the accounts are merged. Each Co-Owner will be reported to credit bureaus as an Owner on the account. In addition, Co-Owners will have full visibility into all account activity and each Co-Owner is responsible for the other Co-Owner’s instructions or requests. Co-ownership involves risk, including payment history and other information about your Apple Card, including negative items like missed payments. Addition of new Co-Owner or merging existing accounts is subject to credit approval and general eligibility requirements. For Apple Card eligibility requirements, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209218. Either Co-Owner can close the account at any time which may negatively impact your credit and you will still be responsible for paying all balances on the account. For details on account sharing options including some of the risks and benefits, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020.
  3. Building credit “equally” means that the payment history and other information about your Apple Card will be reported to credit bureaus for each co-owner. Each co-owner is individually liable for all balances on the co-owned Apple Card and each will be reported to credit bureaus as an owner on the account. Credit reporting includes payment history and other information about your Apple Card, including negative items like missed payments. Card usage and payment history may impact each co-owners credit score differently because each individual’s credit history will include information that is unique to them. Either co-owner can close the account at any time but you will still be responsible for paying all balances on the account. For details on account sharing options including some of the risks and benefits, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020.
  4. If you are a Participant, you are able to spend on the account, but are not responsible for payments. Being a Participant who is reported to the credit bureaus on an account that has a negative payment history (e.g. the account goes past due) or is over utilized can have negative effects on your credit. The account owner remains responsible for all purchases made by a Participant. For more details including some risks and benefits of being a Participant, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212271.
  5. If you are a Participant, you are able to spend on the account, but are not responsible for payments. Being a Participant who is reported to the credit bureaus on an account that has a negative payment history (e.g. the account goes past due) or is over utilized can have negative effects on your credit. For details on credit reporting, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212020. For more details including some risks and benefits of being a Participant, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212271.
  6. An Apple Cash card is required. Participants under 18 on Apple Card Family accounts must have the family organizer of their Apple Cash Family set up their own Apple Cash card. If you do not have an Apple Cash account, Daily Cash can be applied as a credit on account owner’s statement balance by contacting Goldman Sachs Bank USA. The Apple Cash card is issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC.
  7. Credit limits can only be combined when an existing Apple Card customer requests to share merge their account with another existing Apple Card customer. Merging existing accounts is subject to credit approval and general eligibility requirements.
  8. Owners can set transaction limits at any time for Participants through the Wallet app, but this does not limit a Participant’s ability to spend up to the available credit limit on the account. Participant cards can also be locked to pause their spending at any time through the Wallet app.

Thanks for this. #7 has me concerned. Does that mean they'll have to pull our reports again in order to merge the accounts?

AmEx BCP - $34k | Apple GS Card - $25k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $41k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $25k | BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $30k | Capital One Quicksilver - $5k | Capital One Venture - $30k | Chase Amazon Rewards - $18.6k | Chase Freedom - $8.5k | Chase Freedom Flex - $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $35k | Citi Custom Cash - $11.9k | Citi Double Cash - $11.4k | Discover It - $21.3k | Discover It Chrome - $14.5k | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $10k | Wells Fargo Active Cash - $10.4k
817 INQs: 10
823 INQs: 3
810 INQs: 12
Total Credit Line: $341,600 Total CC's: 17


Gardening until 12/2022 (year and a half in total)
Message 13 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question


@Cashbackjunky wrote:

Thanks for this. #7 has me concerned. Does that mean they'll have to pull our reports again in order to merge the accounts?


That's exactly what I was wondering. 

Message 14 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

It COULD be why I'm getting the error. I have a freeze on my reports at the moment.

Idk. I'll try merging them tomorrow night

AmEx BCP - $34k | Apple GS Card - $25k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $41k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $25k | BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $30k | Capital One Quicksilver - $5k | Capital One Venture - $30k | Chase Amazon Rewards - $18.6k | Chase Freedom - $8.5k | Chase Freedom Flex - $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $35k | Citi Custom Cash - $11.9k | Citi Double Cash - $11.4k | Discover It - $21.3k | Discover It Chrome - $14.5k | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $10k | Wells Fargo Active Cash - $10.4k
817 INQs: 10
823 INQs: 3
810 INQs: 12
Total Credit Line: $341,600 Total CC's: 17


Gardening until 12/2022 (year and a half in total)
Message 15 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

@Cashbackjunky Even if it's a SP, it might still register as a new account on CRs (closing your individual TL and opening a new Joint TL). Just something to think about if you're worried about New Accts in addition to HPs

Message 16 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

Yeah I'm worried it'll show as a new TL more than anything. Might try to call someone at GS to confirm before going through with it

AmEx BCP - $34k | Apple GS Card - $25k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $41k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $25k | BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $30k | Capital One Quicksilver - $5k | Capital One Venture - $30k | Chase Amazon Rewards - $18.6k | Chase Freedom - $8.5k | Chase Freedom Flex - $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $35k | Citi Custom Cash - $11.9k | Citi Double Cash - $11.4k | Discover It - $21.3k | Discover It Chrome - $14.5k | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $10k | Wells Fargo Active Cash - $10.4k
817 INQs: 10
823 INQs: 3
810 INQs: 12
Total Credit Line: $341,600 Total CC's: 17


Gardening until 12/2022 (year and a half in total)
Message 17 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

I would give it a try with me and the DH's Apple Cards, but I already have 4 new accts that are about to hit, so I should probably avoid the risk of a 5th Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 64
Cashbackjunky
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question

I just called GS. The CSR said it would in fact close my TL and create a new one with new history and CL that she and I share. It would also need to pull our credit with a HP again. PASS!!!

AmEx BCP - $34k | Apple GS Card - $25k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $41k | BofA Customized Cash Rewards - $25k | BofA Unlimited Cash Rewards - $30k | Capital One Quicksilver - $5k | Capital One Venture - $30k | Chase Amazon Rewards - $18.6k | Chase Freedom - $8.5k | Chase Freedom Flex - $10k | Chase Freedom Unlimited - $35k | Citi Custom Cash - $11.9k | Citi Double Cash - $11.4k | Discover It - $21.3k | Discover It Chrome - $14.5k | Synchrony Discount Tire Card - $10k | Wells Fargo Active Cash - $10.4k
817 INQs: 10
823 INQs: 3
810 INQs: 12
Total Credit Line: $341,600 Total CC's: 17


Gardening until 12/2022 (year and a half in total)
Message 19 of 64
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apple card combination question


@Cashbackjunky wrote:

I just called GS. The CSR said it would in fact close my TL and create a new one with new history and CL that she and I share. It would also need to pull our credit with a HP again. PASS!!!


*shakes head violently*  PASS x 2!!

Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.