Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple card

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Apple card

Ok this account is really starting to tick me off . You are supposed to get 3% back when using your Apple Pay at Walgreens almost every time I use it , it only shows as 2% and I have to contact them , they  Initiate a dispute  and then after several weeks it corrects it to 3%. The last time I used it I immediately saw the 2% pending I contacted them and was told and I quote "Daily cash dont get applied till after transaction is posted and then it will make sure it is qualified for the 3%. We do apologize" I knew that didn't sound right, sure enough it posted as 2%.

I am trying to think what other card I can use as having dispute every time I use it at Walgreens is getting ridiculous. Now just to clarify if using the physical card it is only 2% but when using Apple Pay it is 3%. I get our prescriptions there which are a hefty amount monthly .

End of rant 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apple card

Message 2 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thanks I pointed that out to them . They sent an email this morning stating the 2% was correct but as a courtesy they would credit my account . I immediately contacted them yet again and they tried to say maybe I used my card and not Apple Pay ummmm NO I don't even carry the card never did . If I have to fight with them monthly for my extra 1% I will just use another card this is ridiculous.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 12
Veronik2019
Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Thanks I pointed that out to them . They sent an email this morning stating the 2% was correct but as a courtesy they would credit my account . I immediately contacted them yet again and they tried to say maybe I used my card and not Apple Pay ummmm NO I don't even carry the card never did . If I have to fight with them monthly for my extra 1% I will just use another card this is ridiculous.

Thats very inconvinient to be calling them each time to fix it. There are other alternatives for credit cards getting 3% for pharmacies and drugstores. Chase flex and Chase unlimited offer 3% on drugstores. Amex BCE offers 3% online retailers including drugstores but cappes at $6k/year. Bank of America cash rewards has drugstores as a 3% category you can set monthly tho you could earn more by being a preferred rewards member. Capped at $2.5k. Lastly my favorite, the Citi Custom Cash card gives 5% cash back on your highest spend category up to $500 spend every month which includes drugstores. 

Message 4 of 12
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Not surprised considering the CFPB is investigating Goldman Sachs' credit card account management practices, refunds, and billing error resolutions.

Message 5 of 12
crystal626
Regular Contributor

Walgreens credit card maybe? 5% on pharmacy. 

https://www.walgreens.com/mywalgreens/cards/credit.jsp#!

Message 6 of 12
mau471
Contributor

Just out of curiosity, was your Walgreens a different brand before? I have a similar issue if I shop at the one that used to be Happy Harry's (The location still shows up as Happy Harry's on some credit cards even though its been 15+ years since the rebranding) but the location that has been a Walgreens since it was built works without issue every time. I usually spend <$10 so I never bother to fight for the few cents it would be.

But wondering if its something like that behind the scenes.

Message 7 of 12
Anne1208
Regular Contributor

I had Apple card briefly but the metal card wouldnt work many places.  I got it for the purpose of using it in lieu of y debit every pay period and then paying it off with my paycheck, but when it wouldnt work most places, that plan didnt work.  And then I did NOT want the apple card in my apple wallet because I didn't want to make it easy for me to spend money that way.  I racked up $5,500 in no time. When I got a bonus of $6k I paid it off and closed it immediately. Its been 18 months or so, but I remember having several issues with the card and hating it. 

Starting Score: January 2014 Experian: 713 Equifax: 668 Transunion: 691
December 2015 Score: Experian: 766 Equifax: 751 Transunion: 759
October 2018 Score: Transunion:735

Goal Score: 800’s across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Interesting, @Jnbmom.  Sorry for your frustration!  I've had the Apple card since 2019 and Walgreens has been one regular place I've used Apple Pay for the 3%.  I don't believe I've ever seen an issue with it and I"ve shopped at Walgreens in multiple states.  This is peculiar.  Smiley Frustrated

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 9 of 12
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions . I have had this happen quite a few times and it's  the only Walgreens I use since it's close to home . But I am done clawing to get my extra 1% lol. I will look at my cards and see what card  can benefits me there .My Apple Card will just sit there I only used it at Walgreens for the most part.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.