cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

tag
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

Friend of mine told me he bought air pods and couple other things from Apple on a no intrest plan for 6 months and got a hard pull from GS. I found this hard to belive and if this true then is just nuts. My friend was not happy you allready have credit line, in his case he has cl of 7K and no balance on the account. Has this happen to any one else.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

Does not sound credible.

Unless the person called in for a CLI, I have never since the start of the Apple Card, ever had a HP.

Except when you accept the app offer after a SP, then they HP from TU.

I use the Apple card daily so I would know.

I would dispute the HP.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

@4sallypat wrote:

Unless the person called in for a CLI, I have never since the start of the Apple Card, ever had a HP.

Except when you accept the app offer after a SP, then they HP from TU.

I would dispute the HP.

I completly agree with @4sallypat. That makes no sense only unless its a CLI request. Reports on credit do take some time so if there a possibility the hard pull was the card itself or something else I'd look into that for sure.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is false information. I took no hard pull when I financed my iPhone and I have never taken a hard pull for a CLI request either (in fact I just asked for one yesterday with all reports frozen and I was denied for not enough use, not because of the freeze). 

Message 4 of 14
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is false information. I took no hard pull when I financed my iPhone and I have never taken a hard pull for a CLI request either (in fact I just asked for one yesterday with all reports frozen and I was denied for not enough use, not because of the freeze). 

Sorry for your CLI denialSmiley Sad    ..I am still awaiting your APP spreeSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 14
BlessedBuilding
Established Member

That doesn't make sense to me. I've had the card awhile now and have used for small and larger purchases. Never a hard pull other than initial one. I haven't asked for a CLI.

Message 6 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

This is what I understanding talking to my friend, he has the for about year with credit limit of 7K, couple of times when he was in the apple store or on line he ask for pay over time plans and he told me that they did hard pull each time he ask for payment plan or took one. This is what he is telling me, I find hardto believe this..

Message 7 of 14
sladesurfer
Regular Contributor

@firefox100 wrote:

Friend of mine told me he bought air pods and couple other things from Apple on a no intrest plan for 6 months and got a hard pull from GS. I found this hard to belive and if this true then is just nuts. My friend was not happy you allready have credit line, in his case he has cl of 7K and no balance on the account. Has this happen to any one else.

My experience, Bought 3 Iphones and a Mac mini on separate transactions. Got the no interest financing options with no hard pull on all 4 of them. Just sharing my data points

PenFed Power Cash Rewards
Penfed Gold
NFCU Amex More Rewards
NFCU Cash Rewards
NFCU Flagship
Goldman Sachs Apple Card
Chase IHG Rewards Club Card
Chase Freedom Flex
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Amex Business Prime Card
Amex Marriott Brilliant Card
Amex Hilton Aspire Card
Amex Charles Schwab Platinum
Amex Gold Card
US Bank Cash+ card
Discover It Card
Capital One Quicksilver Card
Citi Double Cash
Citi Premier
Message 8 of 14
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Is it possible your friend took on a Citizen's One loan instead of his Apple Card ?

It's easy to get the many different ways you can finance an Apple product:

Apple Card

Citizen's One

Apple Rewards (no longer available).

When you open a new account, a HP is incurred.

I know - I had all 3 finance options at one time (different devices).

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry for your CLI denialSmiley Sad    ..I am still awaiting your APP spreeSmiley Wink

I expected to get denied honestly, was just trying because I had just paid off my phone and zeroed the card. As for the app spree, I don't think there will be one. Even if I don't get approved for US Bank or Elan, there's not much that interests me right now and now that I bought my Xbox Series X and built the new computer last month, I'm back in saving mode so I can't meet the spend for a bunch of SUBs. We will see what happens. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.