cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

@4sallypat wrote:

Is it possible your friend took on a Citizen's One loan instead of his Apple Card ?

It's easy to get the many different ways you can finance an Apple product:

Apple Card

Citizen's One

Apple Rewards (no longer available).

When you open a new account, a HP is incurred.

I know - I had all 3 finance options at one time (different devices).

Yeah this sounds more likely to me. 

Message 11 of 14
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple credit card by GS doing hard pulls when do plan financing no matter what price is.

Did your friend enroll in the Apple iPhone Upgrade Program (iUP) ??

If so, getting a new iPhone under that "lease" program where you can upgrade every year and turn in your old phone - will definitely trigger a HP as it also is under Citizen's One IUP program.

Citizen's One does both finance w/0% for 24 months to own and iUP - so if you enroll in both you will incur 2 HPs.

Message 12 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I have not spoken to my friend since I posted what he told me, but he did say that he was using the moble walet and hard pulls showed up couple of days later, I am going to ask is he confused may be it soft pull not a hard pull.

Message 13 of 14
firefox100
Valued Contributor

I just spoke to my friend, and he told me that credit Karma shows Inquiry couple of days later and it was from GS bank and that happen after he took a 6 months plan from Apple. He is going to call GS and ask them to remove the IQ from his report it is showing up on his Transunion report.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.