Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application pending?

tag
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Application pending?

I just got an e-mail back from First Bank Card. There is a place to check the status of an application. I did that and it says it's "pending" not shot down just "pending" so can I assume that this is good or bad?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Application pending?

@obageegee wrote:

I just got an e-mail back from First Bank Card. There is a place to check the status of an application. I did that and it says it's "pending" not shot down just "pending" so can I assume that this is good or bad?

At this point, you aren't automatically denied.  I would take that as a good sign Smiley Happy

Good luck man!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 11
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Probably pending a manual review and/or verification.  They did that to me.  They sent me a letter asking for my DL and paystub.  I threw it away.  Wasted a HP Smiley Sad

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 3 of 11
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

DL? don't see that on the abbreviations list :-(

Message 4 of 11
Link2k
Valued Member

@obageegee wrote:

DL? don't see that on the abbreviations list :-(

Driver's License

Message 5 of 11
Hightechredneck
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Webhopper!

Message 6 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Probably pending a manual review and/or verification.  They did that to me.  They sent me a letter asking for my DL and paystub.  I threw it away.  Wasted a HP Smiley Sad

Ummm sounds like you were approved, why didn't you send them the requested information?

They just wanted to verify identity and / or employment...  don't see why this had to result in a wasted HP, its just due diligence.....   If you still want the card, call them and ask if you can fax them the info.

FICO 9:

Message 7 of 11
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I didn't want it after the fact.  Shouldn't have apped for it.  I wasn't as savvy a few months ago.  Had the same thing happen with Discover.  They kept calling me and I straight up told them to stop calling and I'm not interested anymore.  Didn't realize until I started with this forum that all they wanted was verification.  Oh well.  Lesson learned. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 8 of 11
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Yeah, I didn't want it after the fact.  Shouldn't have apped for it.  I wasn't as savvy a few months ago.  Had the same thing happen with Discover.  They kept calling me and I straight up told them to stop calling and I'm not interested anymore.  Didn't realize until I started with this forum that all they wanted was verification.  Oh well.  Lesson learned. 

That's too bad, Discover is a good company to do business with.  At least they attempted to follow up instead of straight up declining and not caring

FICO 9:

Message 9 of 11
Chadsnana
Valued Member

I have applied for 6 CCs recently. Four out of six said that it was pending review and I had to call. They usually just wanted to verify information like address, employment, etc. It seems to be common practice and not indicative at all of them turning you down.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.