Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied For Chase Freedom

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied For Chase Freedom

This would be my second recon. I'm wondering if I should call back?

Message 21 of 27
Jlu
Established Contributor

Yes. Tomorrow morning first thing. Don't waste a HP for a utilization denial reason.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what reason I could give them for high util. Any one out there have ideas?

Message 23 of 27
Jlu
Established Contributor

Taking advantage of a 0% interest promo?
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 24 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Exactly! :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 27
srn
Valued Member

I have applied to chase freedom (FICO 668) online and got a "decision pending" message. I called the number mentioned in this thread. They told me that it is denied because one of my badies (CO, which i paid in full) is only a year ago. The Rep on the phone told me that if the badies are 3 to 4 years old then they might have approved.

After that i applied Amex Zync, and i was approved. I had an Amex blue 7 years ago which was closed due to late paments and i have PIF when the account was closed. The reason i took risk of applying Zync was that i may be backdated. I read on this forum that Amex may back date the card.

Message 26 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I had two baddies when I got approved for Chase on Recon; however, one baddie was removed and one was disputed shortly after my approval with Chase, and they were from '09 - the two accounts in question were actually not mine; both were fraud.

IMO,  I'd work on trying to get the CO removed via dispute, or at least get that "acct info disputed by consumer" on your CR so that any potential creditors can see that you dispute it.

All it takes is talking to the right person to get APPROVED! :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.