Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied Two GE Cards... Wal-Mart & Amazon

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied Two GE Cards... Wal-Mart & Amazon

rootpooty: My TU and Experian have only two negatives, both are the same.

I've inboxed them to you....

That's it....

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 41 of 45
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

Called CapOne, was told that I had no analyst I could speak to for reconning. The hell is it with all of these, what sounds like, outsourced call center reps reading me a BS script and then abruptly interrupting me that "there is no underwriters to speak to, wait for letter in mail."

Man Mad

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 42 of 45
Sneekn4u
Contributor

Hey YM..I'm in the same boat as you, got 2 secured cards (new)  1 installment (1 year) and 1 bad on report...I just got a Macy's card by the skin of my teeth and that's cause I got 2 installments on EX report (5 year and 1 year) so my score was a little higher. I've been a member for about a month and all I can sais from reading the posts is just sit back and wait. While your waiting work on the bad and in 6-12 months put your gloves back on and try again. As far as GE..welcome to the They Don't Like Me Club...I been shot down with them as well. I'm sure you'll find your answers on here how to deal with that baddie..This time next year you'll be good to go.

Starting Score 11/2012 EQ: 615
Current Score 3/19/2014 EQ: 687
Current Score 3/19/2014 TU: 694

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge Discover IT $4500 Citi Simplicity Chase Freedom $3000 Cap 1 QS $1500 Cap 1 $300 Macy's $1500 Buckel $550 VS $500 Brylane Home $1000
Message 43 of 45
TrishN
Established Contributor

I got 8 CA and 3 CO at that time. But I paid on time for 3 years plus on TU. they approved 600 Walmart and 400 for chervon. I called in because I have fraud alarm on my CR. my TU fico 650,Walmart TU 619. I guess you have to paid ontime for 2 years plus with another CC then that will make it different .

10/2012 Started with 588 EQ Fico score and 20+ CA and CO
1750$ total CL
10/2013 in 700 Club
Personal :Total CL 196K
Business : Total CL 200K
Business LOC : 1M
Garden From 10/13/2013
Message 44 of 45
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I would stay away from Cap1. They're good if you really NEED a card (like, that's where I got my first card) but other than that, they're not worth it. Now you have THREE pulls, one from each CRA (Cap1 is the only place that does this, for some reason...most places pull one, maybe two separate reports). You should have tried for Discover. 

I just graduated last August and I have all the cards you see in my sig + a credit union card and Walmart card. The Walmart was originally for only like $300, but they randomly bumped me up a couple months later to $900, which is where it still is.

My advice to you is wait 6 months or so for your Wells Fargo card to age and show some payment, then try again for Discover or maybe Bank of America's student card. If you have any negatives on your CR, it's going to be challenging because you have virtually no payment history or credit history at all, so those negatives weigh really heavily. I had a collections on my report and I got denied time and time again until I finally got it removed via a pay-for-delete, then the approvals started pouring in. AMEX, Citi and Barclays are especially inquiry sensitive, from my experience, so be warned. 

See if your university has a credit union. I got my second card from my school's credit union, it was painless. 

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

Photobucket
Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.