Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles - In Progress

tag
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for AMEX Delta Skymiles - In Progress

in past i was denied once and then reapplied in the same month for a different card and they cancelled the application right away saying i have been denied once already.This time it still shows in progress as of now.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 11 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Still in progress. I will not call this time. Whenever I call they will put it in the system and the system automatically denies after pulling additional credit report.

Message 12 of 29
azguy13
Senior Contributor

We are all pulling for you. For some reason, I have wanted this card for awhile and I dont even fly delta that much, lol. No new cards for me though until at least the end of next year

Message 13 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Thanks. I personally dont have preference for flight careers. But flew with Delta few times and liked it. I have skymiles account but dont have the card. I also want 2 cards next year. United Miles Explorer & CSP. Waiting for my Freedom to age a bit

Message 14 of 29
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Thanks. I personally dont have preference for flight careers. But flew with Delta few times and liked it. I have skymiles account but dont have the card. I also want 2 cards next year. United Miles Explorer & CSP. Waiting for my Freedom to age a bit

I fly both United and Delta internationally for work a lot. Sadly, all the flights are booked through my travel department. Delta and United are tied for the best international flights I have had. In last place, by a mile, is American. 

Stateside I fly United a lot because Chicago Ohare is my main hub I fly into. Although, I fly Southwest a lot out of Phoenix. I really wish there was just one airline I fly, lol

Message 15 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I think the application might not even be processed if i dont call. I still dont see any credit pull on any reports. Does any one have any experience the status just stayed 'In Progress' forever

Message 16 of 29
ssdc1980
New Contributor

I applied for Amex delta about 2 months ago and received the 7-10 day message. Status page kept saying "in progress" about 4 days later I got the approval email. I had previously applied for this card about 3 times over the past year, all instant denials.

Just the other night I used it to pay for dinner (about $550) and the very next day my account already posted the 30,000 bonus miles for spending $500 within the first 3 months.

Best of luck to you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Message 17 of 29
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

From my experience, if you call them they can let you know if the application has been canceled then right away you'll see the status change from "in progress" to "canceled". 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 18 of 29
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Good Luck.   I was just approved for Amex Delta and received the approval email 4 days after applying.  Why not call?

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 19 of 29
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

Its still in Progress. Do you mind me asking what were your scores when you got approved? They denied me in past saying my scores are too low. But that was BCE

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.