Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Amex Gold, 14-day message.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Amex Gold, 14-day message.

Hi, I just applied for the Amex Gold card yesterday, it gave me a 14 day message. I called today to check the status of the application and was told that it's still processing. Does anyone know the phone number to their credit analysts who can instantly approve the application?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
creditguy-378
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied for Amex Gold, 14-day message.

did you check the backdoor thread on this site it should have the # for amex on that

always use credit wisely and you won't ever feel like you're working just for the task master
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy-378 wrote:

did you check the backdoor thread on this site it should have the # for amex on that

AmEx Oasis Program: 888-232-3261

American Express Credit Bureau Unit:  800-874-2717.  Must have a current credit report before calling.  They will ask for the account number from the credit report, which is different from your card number.

Those are the only two listed. No credit analyst.

Message 3 of 4
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I cancelled and reapplied for my Hilton HHonors after the first app was approved.  When I called to check on the status and see if there was any way to get an instant consideration, the new accounts department basically told me that whatever department was working it "didn't answer phone calls."  Sounded like bologna, to me.  Especially since I was talking to a rep last night that told me to call back today, because such and such department was closed and gave me a reference number.

I'd like to know a number I can call, too.  "New accounts" department is NOT the most knowledgable department at AMEX.  The other departments are very helpful, but I have never had a good experience with new accounts.

I'm thinking about calling back again after work, but I'm afraid it will have the same end result.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.