Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Apple card (Barclay) got denied then called the backdoor number

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied for Apple card (Barclay) got denied then called the backdoor number

Applied for Apple card (Barclay) got denied then called the backdoor number and got approved. But here is a trick-

I was thinking of getting a Macbook pro 17 for my wife so I asked for a Credit Limit of 3000. I was denied when I did the instant check on line and when I called in the morning, the person asked for salary, I said 40,000 plus bonus and that I paid my balances all in full. He told me that you will always get at least the Credit Line (in my case $1000 secured credit card wells fargo) if you have that available, up to $2000. So he approved me for $1000 which matched my highest limit of my cards.

Just wanted to pass my experience on to the rest of you...

My credit scores have climbed from 490's to 690 range now.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Apple card (Barclay) got denied then called the backdoor number

Thats what happened to me yesterday and they approved me for $1500 I bought the 15 inch MacBook pro for myself For school. I paid down my 0 interest promo cards but hasn't posted yet to cb and told hom I make $15000 a year since I'm a student working part time and my highest limit card was $1200 on 2 cards
amazon
Message 2 of 4
shiftomnimega
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for Apple card (Barclay) got denied then called the backdoor number and got approved. But here is a trick-

I was thinking of getting a Macbook pro 17 for my wife so I asked for a Credit Limit of 3000. I was denied when I did the instant check on line and when I called in the morning, the person asked for salary, I said 40,000 plus bonus and that I paid my balances all in full. He told me that you will always get at least the Credit Line (in my case $1000 secured credit card wells fargo) if you have that available, up to $2000. So he approved me for $1000 which matched my highest limit of my cards.

Just wanted to pass my experience on to the rest of you...

My credit scores have climbed from 490's to 690 range now.

So does this mean that if I have 10k available credit they'll give me a 10k trade line?

Message 3 of 4
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

no absolutely not, they will only really give you the limit close to your purchase amount if its reasonable considering your credit history, job history, and income

amazon
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.