Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Bank of America Card

tag
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

Applied for Bank of America Card

and was denied... I called the app status phone number and asked for a manual recon and she told me they couldn't approve me at this time but they had mailed out a counter offer with what she called "fees." Is that the 99/500?
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for Bank of America Card

Probably the 99/500 card...but possibly their other secure card.  If you want an account at B of A and have an extra $500 laying around, just open up a checking or savings account with them.  I applied with them 5 or 6 times and got denied and offered "secured" cards.  I opened up a checking account to transfer the $99 for the 99/500 card and when I got the approval for the checking account,  they gave me a Plat. Visa with a 2k limit.  I still have the 99/500 preapproval offer sitting right here, a Royal Caribbean International 99/500 secured card. lol...
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
Probably the 99/500 card...but possibly their other secure card. If you want an account at B of A and have an extra $500 laying around, just open up a checking or savings account with them. I applied with them 5 or 6 times and got denied and offered "secured" cards. I opened up a checking account to transfer the $99 for the 99/500 card and when I got the approval for the checking account, they gave me a Plat. Visa with a 2k limit. I still have the 99/500 preapproval offer sitting right here, a Royal Caribbean International 99/500 secured card. lol...

They pull hard on a checking or savings account I understand. True?
Message 3 of 7
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Yes a hard pull.  I've got 2 B of A inquiries 3 days apart on my Ex report.  The first was the most recent denial for a CC and the second for the checking account.  They checked chex systems too.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 7
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@unknown_entity wrote:
Yes a hard pull. I've got 2 B of A inquiries 3 days apart on my Ex report. The first was the most recent denial for a CC and the second for the checking account. They checked chex systems too.

Chex is clean. Hard pull for a checking account? Gettin' rough out there. Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

It is required for identity purposes and for the Visa Check Card.

I just opened up the Keep the Change checking and Savings, and they pulled TU for me.  My daughter was approved also.  So far, I have saved 36 cents. LOLOL  But I will NOT touch it.  It is the first time I am excited to see a savings account GROW
Message 6 of 7
cadavis0609
Frequent Contributor

I already have checking and savings with them...no credit approval for me...
Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.