cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

tag
kchui1028
Contributor

Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

I applied for Chase Freedom online today after I got an invitation in the mail a month ago.

I got the message that tells me to wait 7-10 days while they reviewed the application,

I immediately found the backdoor # for Chase (1-888-270-2127) from this forum..(THANKS myfico)

and got to a woman who immediately helped me reviewed my application.

At first, she asked me about my one other card having high balance, so i told her i just paid it down and checked my equifax that it showed new balance.

So then she went back and checked and verified that.. 

but then she told me that she's unable to approve my application because I have an extended fraud alert on my credit report, and because there's no phone # attached to my report, she's not able to do anything.

So I immediately called Equlfax and got the info on what needed to be done to remove the fraud alert, off to USPS and sent them via priority.

I just hope they remove it soon enough maybe in 1-2 weeks, then I can call the # again and ask them to reconsider my application.

I just hate how primitive the process is approve someone or to remove something like fraud alert in today's world with all the technologies available.

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Applied for Chase Freedom... unable to verify ID?

When you place a fraud alert on your cr they warn you applying for cr may be delayed. Think of it this way, if they just approve the account and it wasn't you- then what? I had to place an alert a few years ago and I was advised to keep an updated phone number on my reports.

Message 2 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

it is not only fraud alerts that create some problems. my ssn is getting multiple results from 3rd party verification software. this is a nightmare as most approvals are manual for me and never instant. this info I got from Chase recon which also cancelled due to verification problems. Had to fax my ss card and got appoved. So I am no longer surprised if I get the 7-10 message. this is a result of a former typo from some verification which will be follwing me for life. wonder if Chase and Discover use the same software because I had no probs with Citi and Amex.
Message 3 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

I just thought of something.

I bank with Chase so could they possibly use my checking and saving account # that are in my name, and SSN, get the phone # from there, and call me to verify the credit report? or is it considered different divisions and are not to be mixed?

Please let me know what you think for those who were in this situation? would that work?

Message 4 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I would call Chase and ask if they could call you on the phone number on our bank account. this would certainly expedite our app. -
Good luck!
Message 5 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Nevermind, Just called them and got another nice lady on the line.

She told me that the relationship of banking with Chase won't help me verify that info.. she had to call the number that is shown from credit report directly.

She did say that the application can be reconsidered within 30 days from today, and that she won't need a phone number without the fraud alert on my application.  So finger crossed that my fraud alert is removed before then so I can get a RECON on it!

Message 6 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

just make sure you do not exceed the 30 days otherwise it will be a 2nd pull. could not find my ss card at first, then fax copy was iiiisible (too small and too dark) therefore it was a 2 nd pull for me ( 2 days too late to send a better fax copy ) - But after all well worth as I do love my Freedom - my favorite card Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 51
mrfarias
Established Member

I applied for the Chase Freedom on 03/25 and after I applied i was told to call so I did and the young lady told me to fax a copy of my DL and SS card for verification and I did that first thing on 03/26 I have been calling them since the 26th every day and every time I call they tell me it's being reviewed and it could take 30 days for a decision etc... I have no idea what this means I hope i dont have to  wait this long for a denial ;/

24 years old..

[ Chase Freedom - $2,500 l Capital One Secured - $300 l Capital One Platinum - $750 l Discover IT - $1,200 l Express NEXT - $900 ]

TU Score: +722 as of 04/11/13
EX Score: +666 as of 04/11/13
[2013 Goals: To be a homeowner, Get AMEX BCE, Cancel Cap1's]
Message 8 of 51
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ mrfarias
just make sure you call again at the latest after 3 weeks to make sure you do not exceed the 30 day limit. I called recon from this board and a nice guy told me that the fax copy was too dark and I should resend it. enlarged it and faxed it again but too late... therefore a second pull required. just do not wait too long if you do not hear from Chase. I made this mistake as I did not want to stress them.
Message 9 of 51
kchui1028
Contributor

Just curious though..

How do Chase get the message that a fraud alert is off from my credit report without a second pull?

Do you know??

Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.