Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for Chase Marriot. Question...

tag
tr24
New Contributor

Applied for Chase Marriot. Question...

Can I call immeditely and ask for a CLI or do I have to wait for the card to arrive? 

I'd like to try now so that I can avoid mulitiple inquiries. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: Applied for Chase Marriot. Question...

@tr24 wrote:

Can I call immeditely and ask for a CLI or do I have to wait for the card to arrive? 

With Chase it you ask for a CLI it will be a HP

Message 2 of 6
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Why would they give you a CLI immediately upon activation? Unless something has changed on your credit report in the past week or two, there is very little reason for Chase to give you anything different to what you were originally approved with.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 6
Chris679
Established Contributor

Because the initial CL may be generated by a computer and calling and talking to an actual person may yield a different result. No experience with doing this with Chase but it happens all the time.
Message 4 of 6
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@tr24 wrote:

Personally I wouldn't waste an inquiry on it. What's your profile look like so that way we can at least give you a little better response. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 5 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

That is a standard message chase gives. But if you call and ask them to raise it, they will do a pull. Instead if you really want a higher limit and you have some sort of relationship with Chase banking, I got into my branch a lot for business deposits and their branch is in my office building so I have a good repor, I asked a banker about this and he said let me call and ask them to "reconsider" the limit. He did and they did it, but it's a ymmv type of thing.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.