That was eq the other cb only have maybe 5
Message 11 of 25
brian2220
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied for Citi. *EDIT*

@MagicShot wrote:
That was eq the other cb only have maybe 5

that might be to much for citi

because when i got mine i had 5 and just 3 in 6 mnths and was apprv for my card with no recon

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 12 of 25
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applied for Citi.

@Creditaddict wrote:

My experience is if you get further processing and then it doesn't give you an application number and phone number to call in for security you are declined... My roommate was given a phone number to call right away and after couple questions was instantly approved for $4600

I just applied for the Citi Dividend College card today. I got this further processing message as well, then called and after answering a few questions from a very friendly rep she put me on hold and came back and told me I was approved for $4000 CL.  I was just denied for the Thank you preferred card about a week ago and talked to a rep about reconing it and he told me I was able to qualify for a college card instead so I went ahead and applied today.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 13 of 25
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I just applied for the Citi Dividend College card today. I got this further processing message as well, then called and after answering a few questions from a very friendly rep she put me on hold and came back and told me I was approved for $4000 CL.  I was just denied for the Thank you preferred card about a week ago and talked to a rep about reconing it and he told me I was able to qualify for a college card instead so I went ahead and applied today.

Why'd you apply for the Citi Dividend card? I applied for the Forward card because I had heard the TY program was better.

In the Garden Club since: 07/05/2017

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

2/16/2011 Transunion - 675
3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Transunion - 724
Message 14 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Actually, TY program sucks. 1 TY point = 0.7 cents. Worse than 1% cashback vanila card.

You should only get TY points in the following card, Citi Forward/mtvU. Since these cards offer 5TY points on entertainment, Amazon, books, and restaurant. Which gives you 3.2% return per dollar spent on bonus category.

Otherwise get Citi Divident becuase you get 1% cashback guranteed, with 5% being rotating category (no cap on 5%, $300 cashback cap annually).

Message 15 of 25
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Actually, TY program sucks. 1 TY point = 0.7 cents. Worse than 1% cashback vanila card.

You should only get TY points in the following card, Citi Forward/mtvU. Since these cards offer 5TY points on entertainment, Amazon, books, and restaurant. Which gives you 3.2% return per dollar spent on bonus category.

Otherwise get Citi Divident becuase you get 1% cashback guranteed, with 5% being rotating category (no cap on 5%, $300 cashback cap annually).

Yup, I applied for Forward, I know better than to apply for the TY card. I've seen the other posts around here.

Not sure I'd get approved for the Dividend Mastercard, since I was denied for the Forward card.  But I've been looking for a decent Mastercard that isn't tied to Cap1 or a credit union.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
Message 16 of 25
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@kc12286 wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Why'd you apply for the Citi Dividend card? I applied for the Forward card because I had heard the TY program was better.

Because of the situation I was in, I am in need of a gas card for now and this card gives me 5% in gas, supermarkets, and I think dept stores or something. Then in 6 months I wil grab a full time rewards gas card, and I have the discover more so I don't need the forward considering the next category in oct is restaurants on the more card. And by 6 months I'm hoping my scores should be way higher, currently around 690. Forward card is a good card as well and yes its less then $1 per point unless you redeem your points for $100 gift cards then you should be getting $1 per point in most cases.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 17 of 25
kc12286
Frequent Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@kc12286 wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

Because of the situation I was in, I am in need of a gas card for now and this card gives me 5% in gas, supermarkets, and I think dept stores or something. Then in 6 months I wil grab a full time rewards gas card, and I have the discover more so I don't need the forward considering the next category in oct is restaurants on the more card. And by 6 months I'm hoping my scores should be way higher, currently around 690. Forward card is a good card as well and yes its less then $1 per point unless you redeem your points for $100 gift cards then you should be getting $1 per point in most cases.

I thought the TY program for the Forward card was better though? I was only applying because I was hoping for a decent CL, I need to buy a laptop. And I wanted the 0% financing offer. If the TY program for the Forward is so bad, I won't bother asking for a recon, I'll just look to something else. Either a Mastercard or Discover.

6/9/2008-TransUnion-703
6/9/2008-Equifax-712
6/9/2008 Experian-635

3/11/2011 Equifax - 688
5/13/2011 Equifax - 704
5/28/2011 Equifax - 704
Message 18 of 25
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@kc12286 wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

@kc12286 wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

I thought the TY program for the Forward card was better though? I was only applying because I was hoping for a decent CL, I need to buy a laptop. And I wanted the 0% financing offer. If the TY program for the Forward is so bad, I won't bother asking for a recon, I'll just look to something else. Either a Mastercard or Discover.

You should at least try for a recon, why not? Discover has a good 0% APR for 15 months on the More card, thats a good no APR period IMO.

Message 19 of 25
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

TY program is ONLY good when you get Forward/mtvU AND use it on entertainment (video game, movie, DVD rentals, and book store), Amazon.com, and restaurant. If you don't spent a lot on those categories TY program sucks.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.