Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for NFCU cashrewards & got 3-5 message

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applied for NFCU cashrewards & got 3-5 message

@rom828 wrote:

The NFCU  CSR advised I was eligible for Cash Rewards card when we were on phone discussing other matters......he ran the  app and I did get instant approval on that card.

About a month later I apped on line for the Platinum and received the 3-5 message. 

I read on this forum (I'm always learning something here!!) you can check status on line w/NFCU and that's what I did the vey next day and it showed I was approved for the card. 

Just go to "Other Services" tab and then click on "Lending Services" and select "Check status of pending loan application" which shows status for all loan and/or credit card apps pending.  You should see the status right there.

Let us know!!

When I click on the "Check status of pending loan application" it goes to a 404 Page Not Found Error. Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine has been doing that for a couple of days now. I called yesterday and the woman I spoke to said that they are doing a complete makeover of the site. That may be why it is not working.

Message 22 of 32
pmeisner01
Established Member

My application has been doing the same thing, but I did just get a call to verify employment by faxing check stub!!Keeping fingers crossed!!!!

Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did you apply pmeisner?

Message 24 of 32
pmeisner01
Established Member

I applied last Wed. evening, at first got the 3-5 day message then their website didnt show anything and today I was called to verify employment

Message 25 of 32
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

My husband applied last night for the nRewards card. He added me as an authorized user and it was so cool, he was immediately approved for $3500.00. I was definitely expecting a 7-10 day wait. And all after BOA declined him a measly credit limit increase. Yay!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 26 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leah5570 wrote:

My husband applied last night for the nRewards card. He added me as an authorized user and it was so cool, he was immediately approved for $3500.00. I was definitely expecting a 7-10 day wait. And all after BOA declined him a measly credit limit increase. Yay!

Hi leah5570,

Just curious question.  Why not CashRewards?  

nRewards points expires in 4 yrs  vs  CashRewards never expires.

Plus, you will loose the pts when you redeem for the gift card on nRewards ... it's wasting.   It was not like this when I got it, and they had Staples $25 gift card with 2500 pts ... not any more.   That's why I got my CashRewards and I uses nRewards with small charge once in a while to just keep it open.

When I applied to my CashRewards, I received same message and I called them later to check the status. 

Reward examples:

• 2,000 points for $10 gift card from Starbucks or Applebee's
  • 3,500 points for $25 gift card from Best Buy® or iTunes Music Store
  • 7,500 points for $75 Gap® or Navy Federal Visa® Gift Card

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

he Re: Applied for NFCU cashrewards & got 3-5 message

The status screen is working again.  Mine says Review in progress.

Message 28 of 32
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

I just picked the nRewards because his only requirement to a card is no annual fee. I was still upset, still am, over BOA. I was thinking if no one wants to give him a credit limit increase, then the odds of him getting a rewards card in general were pretty slim. So I went for the second one on the list they have there. I thought cash rewards was aiming too high. Once he gets settled in this card we may have him apply to the cash rewards card. Are they more strict score wise for the cash rewards card? We'll see. Just trying to diversify his profile before looking into home loans next spring.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leah5570 wrote:

I just picked the nRewards because his only requirement to a card is no annual fee. I was still upset, still am, over BOA. I was thinking if no one wants to give him a credit limit increase, then the odds of him getting a rewards card in general were pretty slim. So I went for the second one on the list they have there. I thought cash rewards was aiming too high. Once he gets settled in this card we may have him apply to the cash rewards card. Are they more strict score wise for the cash rewards card? We'll see. Just trying to diversify his profile before looking into home loans next spring.

NFCU  CashRewards card is No AF ...  if not, I did not apply for it.

cashRewards—Get cash back on every purchase—every time!

Annual Percentage Rate

Variable

Annual fee

No

Rewards return

Get up to 1.5% cash back on all purchases*

Rewards redemption

Start redeeming once you reach a rewards minimum of $20.**

Annual Spend
Cash Back
$0.01 - $10,000.001.00%
$10,000.01 +1.50%

Rewards limits

None

Rewards expiration

None

Cardholders

Single or joint account, authorized users

Grace period on purchases

25 days

Other Benefits

Auto Rental Insurance

View cashRewards Benefits and Rewards Guide

No balance transfer fee.

*Earn 1.5% cash back on net purchases of $10,000.01 and greater, or 1.0% cash back on net purchases up to $10,000 within the 12-month period beginning on the date your account is opened, and each succeeding year.

**Rewards are subject to change. For the most current rewards information, please visit our redemption Web site, which can be found on Navy Federal Online® Account Access.

Redemption Options
Amount to be Redeemed: $           $ 20.00 minimum

To Account:  Please make a selection:    your choice of Statement Credit  / any checking or saving accounts

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.