cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for NFCU for myself and was told my application was pending?

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Applied for NFCU for myself and was told my application was pending?

It's me again so I decided to bite the bullet and apply. She said I will be notified in 1-3 days of approval. I asked if I did my father's membership online right before this and he was instantly approved why didn't I get an instant approval or denial. She reported that it could be bc his membership was so new. Has anyone ever not been instantly allowed in NFCU and then approved? I didn't even ask for anything I just wanted to get into the credit union. Is this common? Could it be because I called them and applied and the branch is closed? Now I am all anxious since I heard so many good things about them. Please share your experience

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Applied for NFCU for myself and was told my application was pending?

Update: I am so confused now bc I just pulled all three credit reports and they don't even have an inquiry from NFCU. I do have a fraud alert that is due to expire soon so this could be why but I don't even see an inquirt. 

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes a fraud alert would be why you were not instant approved and why no inq... they won't be able to procede until you unlock a credit report for them, usually TU and EQ

Message 3 of 5
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Ohhh ok so I can wait to hear from them or call them myself. I have tried unlocking transunion and they told me I had to write a letter and since it was about to expire I said why even bother. Equifax I don't think I could find a place to remove fraud alert. I was only successful moving it off of Experian. 

I know from m apping spree in the past few months I will usually call in and verify some information for them to continue process so thats why I called and didn't app online but I will call them tomorrow to see what they need.

Thanks so much. 

Message 4 of 5
FinanceGuy007
New Contributor

I had the same issue with NAVY Federal.  However, everything is fine now.  I'm still a little scared because of how everything took place and I even went into a branch to confirm my identity.  It was almost like they didnt want to open the accounts.  I'm going to wait until after the 30 New Account period is over and then I will feel secure....LOL

Starting Score 12/29/2010: 475 EQ FICO
Current Score: 585 EQ FICO (10/10/11) 583 TU FICO (10/24/2011) 598 EX FICO (10/10/11)
Goal Score 12/29/2011: 600

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.