Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for a HSBC

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Applied for a HSBC

I have already celebrated my 29th birthday 29th times.
Message 11 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

From what I understand, these completely wacko questions ("Where did your ex-brother-in-law attend school in 4th grade?") are from LexisNexis. I was poking through their site, and maybe it's their InstantID® Q&A product.

You might have been hit with "an interactive, knowledge-based query process to instantly authenticate individuals at the point of customer contact"! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Part 2!!!!!

OKAY.....so yesterday i got a letter that says i was DENIED because they couldn't verify who i am. ( Ok i was upset about this before but NOW im PISSED.....the strong accent that the rep had i could barely understand)  Besides that, they asked me the age range of my sister in law, and i can't even tell you how old my brother is, which whom she is married too!!! SIGH........ so what do i do? Should i call them or try one of the back door #'s listed?  This is very frustrating!

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheryla18

( Not I'm not 18, thats the age of my oldest child..lol most ppl think that is how old i am)

Yeah...some people think I am 16...and I am 25...

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest you call and do a recon!
Message 15 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Maybe call your brother first and ask how old your SIL is. Smiley Wink

I'd call for a recon. Do this during the week, during normal working hours, to increase your chances of reaching a US-based rep.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 20
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Yeah, i'd call and demand a U.S. speaking rep......You took a hard hit for that application.  I would be all over them right about now.  Don't let some foreign rep, who in my opinion shouldn't be asking such questions in the first place, and just deny you over it, win.  They take it upon themselves to approve/deny whom they choose..  If you were from a foreign country and had applied, you would more than likely been approved!!

If they are still not able toverify who you are, ask to send them your ss#, or utility bill, or drivers license to verify it.  If you still are denied, then tell them to delete the inquiry from all bureaus they pulled.  It wasn't your fault they couldn't verify you even with your ss#

This has be angry, but not surprising from HSBC!!!!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 17 of 20
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Part 3    The End

So today i called the # listed on my letter only to be told that they can't do the verification process over. And i asked even though i could not understand the rep. that i had spoke with and he said NO i should have asked for a different rep.......ARGH!!!! So i hung up and looked up the back door  #'s listed on MYFICO (WOOOO HOOO)  I called and stated my case again. He said the same thing and that i can always Reapply, I was like WTH,  I said NO im not going to reapply and please let me talk to your manager/supervisor.   I did get a supervisor with no accent and  he happily stated that he could re-run the verification process for me. WOW BAMM just like that. Now why in the heck doesn't the reps do or offer this? It's really sad especially for the ppl in the world who don't know about the info contained on this site. Soooooo I got APPROVED!!!!!! $300.00 limit but that's ok with me. It's a long slow process to rebuilding my credit. I am just PROUD that i got my own card and that I will do better this time around.  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE KIND PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryla18 (lol still not 18, but GOSH how i wish i was....LOL)

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 18 of 20
tray
Valued Contributor

Congratulations, on all your hard work and not letting anyone step all over you, you was persistant and won in the end,  and I was happy to read you ended up speaking with someone who actually knew what to do.  Good Luck with your new card.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 19 of 20
crivas21
Contributor

great  work!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: 07/30/2007--EQ 575/ TU 560
Current Score: 01/18/2011--EQ 777/TU 765/EXP 763-(pull by CU)
Goal Score for 06/31/2011--EQ 800/TU 800/EXP 800

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.