Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for a nfcu loc.....

tag
Daisy10
Valued Member

Applied for a nfcu loc.....

Hi. I just became a member of nfcu last Friday and I applied for the cashrewards card and was approved for 2K.  I am really happy about that as I am post bk7 discharged 9/2012.  I just applied for the LOC and got a message that I could get a response in about an hour.  That was over 4 hours ago and I keep checking my email and nothing.  Does anyone know how long it will take to get back to me and what are my chances?  My fico score is 632. I'm really nervous!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Applied for a nfcu loc.....

@Daisy10 wrote:

Hi. I just became a member of nfcu last Friday and I applied for the cashrewards card and was approved for 2K.  I am really happy about that as I am post bk7 discharged 9/2012.  I just applied for the LOC and got a message that I could get a response in about an hour.  That was over 4 hours ago and I keep checking my email and nothing.  Does anyone know how long it will take to get back to me and what are my chances?  My fico score is 632. I'm really nervous!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
Ailee92

i wouldn't worry about an approval with NFCU there are people in upper 500's who get a LOC but it just depends on how much I'm guessing it's definately 3-7k range

Message 3 of 10
Daisy10
Valued Member

Thank you....I hope you're right.  I'll update when I hear back from them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Message 4 of 10
DontEatMyFriends
Established Member

It actually depends on when their systems are updating.  I recieved the same 1 hour message when I went for a CLI on my LOC with them last friday (actually saturday 1AM EST).  It took about 8 hours for them to approve me for 15k.  I called after an hour and was told that my request had been forwarded to a loan officer who would review it, but that it may take longer than the normal because I applied within the system refresh time.  I've had the same issue when I've called in at 4AM EST to push my direct deposit through.  The systems are usually done by 6AM EST I've found.  Waiting can be really hard, but is usually worth it with them.

In the garden until they run out of veggie burgers.
Message 5 of 10
Daisy10
Valued Member

That's interesting.  Did you need to fax over any documents, like paystubbs or anything?

Message 6 of 10
HelpMe----
Valued Member

Even though this is an old thread, Daisy can you give us an update on the result of your LOC app???

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 10
Daisy10
Valued Member

I was approved for $5K!  I was really happy about that.  They are awesome.

Message 8 of 10
HelpMe----
Valued Member

Congrats, I applied yesterday and have not heard anything from them as of yet, over 24 hours, so I'm hoping to be approved, if not, not a big deal considering they gave me 10k from their cashrewards cc.

How long did they take to let you know that you were approved?

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 650
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 10
Daisy10
Valued Member

The day after I applied I checked the status and it said that I was "Conditionally approved".  I called and they the rep told me to fax over copies of my last 2 paychecks and my last bank statement.  I faxed it over and called to make sure that they recieved it that same day.  They checked and said that it was received and approved but that they were mailing me a document to sign.  That document could not be faxed to me.  I received it in the mail  five days later, faxed it back to them that same day, called them (it was Monday) and by Tuesday afternoon, I checked my account and it showed the Navcheck account.  So a total of about 8 days from start to finish.  Good luck!  Update when you find out.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.