Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for citi,should I recon?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Applied for citi,should I recon?

Hi everyone

Today is the day for apping and went after my car lease today.That went well and also just applied for the citibank platinum and received the message that further processing is required and they will email me within a week.Should I be worried and should I contact them now for recon? Thank you

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: Applied for citi,should I recon?

Any advice?

@MountainHiker wrote:

Hi everyone

Today is the day for apping and went after my car lease today.That went well and also just applied for the citibank platinum and received the message that further processing is required and they will email me within a week.Should I be worried and should I contact them now for recon? Thank you

Goal 750 Across

Message 2 of 12
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I would wait it out and see what they say. They may want to verify some information. Personally, I would call the application status number and ask if they needed any additional information.

What's your credit look like? And congrats on the new car too
Message 3 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:
I would wait it out and see what they say. They may want to verify some information. Personally, I would call the application status number and ask if they needed any additional information.

What's your credit look like? And congrats on the new car too

Aloush11

Thanks for the congrats on my auto lease. My scores before today's two inquiries was about a 705.EQ-FICO. You think I should call and ask if they need additional info for Citi card?

Goal 750 Across

Message 4 of 12
aloush11
Regular Contributor

I would def call in. They may want to verify an address or something small. If they say you just need to wait... then wait and hope for the best.
Message 5 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@aloush11 wrote:
I would def call in. They may want to verify an address or something small. If they say you just need to wait... then wait and hope for the best.

Just called the credit recon number.Rep told me that the application was not denied or approved and simply needed manual processing.Will wait and see I guess. Tempted to app for American Express.

Goal 750 Across

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Go for AMEX MH!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Go for AMEX MH!!

I'm on the ole so special list.........the blacklist!! But, spoke to someone in another department and was told that based on my previous pay history with American Express I would be a good fit for another card ONCE I pay my prior bill off.Glad I applied because now I know what must be done. Must say they were very pleasant and there was NOT a hard pull.

Thinking about going after Barclays or discover.Which is easier?

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Go for AMEX MH!!

I'm on the ole so special list.........the blacklist!! But, spoke to someone in another department and was told that based on my previous pay history with American Express I would be a good fit for another card ONCE I pay my prior bill off.Glad I applied because now I know what must be done. Must say they were very pleasant and there was NOT a hard pull.

Barclays, as long as your not heavy on INQ's with TU but they are easy to recon.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 12
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@MountainHiker wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:
Go for AMEX MH!!

Barclays, as long as your not heavy on INQ's with TU but they are easy to recon.

Than you LS

Will have to go for the Barclays and try my score/luck. I will wait till after my CC payment hits on the 31th of this month.Should be down to 3% utlization. Was kinda fun trying for credit been a while since I did this. If I get just one additional card will then be heading to the garden and wait for march 2013 when my collection should fall off.

Goal 750 Across

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.