Apply for CSR now or wait?

tag
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Apply for CSR now or wait?

@myjourney wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

As far as CSR 100k offer being cut to 50k Jan 12, 2017 it is also being reported that the 100k offer will still be available in branch offices until March 11, 2017 

TBD

That's not confirmed though. This is:

IMG_4911.PNG

Yeah I saw that but they never confirm in branch offers 

Ink cards 70k offer went on for years while online 70k was rarely seen (example)

True. Maybe the 100k will stay for CPC past March. Who knows. Smiley Happy

I guess some states don't have Chase branches so for those people, this is a big ringing bell to apply now. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

As far as CSR 100k offer being cut to 50k Jan 12, 2017 it is also being reported that the 100k offer will still be available in branch offices until March 11, 2017 

TBD

That's not confirmed though. This is:

IMG_4911.PNG

Yeah I saw that but they never confirm in branch offers 

Ink cards 70k offer went on for years while online 70k was rarely seen (example)

True. Maybe the 100k will stay for CPC past March. Who knows. Smiley Happy

I guess some states don't have Chase branches so for those people, this is a big ringing bell to apply now. Smiley Happy

So true when I first moved to Florida there were no Chase Branches 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 28
justrelax

Just wanted say thanks to everyone for the help. Decided to go ahead and apply and got an instant approval for $14K SL. A little disappointed in the amount, but was glad to get in for the 100k.

Should I call once my util goes down to see if they would increase the SL? Or would it be better to shoot for some other CLI strategy?
Message 23 of 28
rlx01
Established Contributor

I wouldn't worry about it. Use it enough and they'll auto CLI you.

Worth getting in for the 100k. I think it would have been a higher SL had your util been lower, but these things are hard to predict.

FWIW, calling in will cost you another HP. If this is your first Chase card you won't be granted a CLI this close to approval.

Once your internal risk score improves, it'll be easier.

The way to get higher limits with Chase is to apply for another card and move limits around.
Message 24 of 28
rlx01
Established Contributor

Just for data point purposes, what was your highest existing limit?
Message 25 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@justrelax wrote:
Just wanted say thanks to everyone for the help. Decided to go ahead and apply and got an instant approval for $14K SL. A little disappointed in the amount, but was glad to get in for the 100k.

Should I call once my util goes down to see if they would increase the SL? Or would it be better to shoot for some other CLI strategy?

Congrats and as far as asking for more it will require another HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 26 of 28
justrelax

$15,000 is currently my highest limit card.
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@justrelax wrote:
$15,000 is currently my highest limit card.

14k on a CSR is a great starting limit. better than 10k! congrats on the approval.  you can find other cards later and move limits around to better suit your needs. most believe its better to just app for another chase card rather than use a HP for an increase. hp increases sometimes yield good results but not as often as opening a new card. do what works best for you.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.