cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Freedom now, or wait for $300 offer to come back?

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Apply for Freedom now, or wait for $300 offer to come back?

The 10/10 is going away...source?
Message 11 of 24
melbaro
New Contributor

Unfortunately I can't disclose it publicly, but I just sent out a PM to those that asked for the source.  

Message 12 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

Unfortunately I can't disclose it publicly, but I just sent out a PM to those that asked for the source.  

Will people currently using it also lose it?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 24
melbaro
New Contributor

It will remain for those who already have it. Just affects anyone applying after the 11th.

Message 14 of 24
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@melbaro wrote:

It will remain for those who already have it. Just affects anyone applying after the 11th.

Were there issues with people purposely making only small transactions? IE buy one grocery item at a time at self checkout or something like that.

Although, this is the main benefit for this card to me and others. I bet they will lose future apps by getting rid of it.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 24
flowfaster
Established Contributor

What if I have a Freedom card now but don't have a checking account yet?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 16 of 24
melbaro
New Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@melbaro wrote:

Were there issues with people purposely making only small transactions? IE buy one grocery item at a time at self checkout or something like that.

Although, this is the main benefit for this card to me and others. I bet they will lose future apps by getting rid of it.

I'm not sure why, but that is a logical reason though.

Message 17 of 24
melbaro
New Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

What if I have a Freedom card now but don't have a checking account yet?

I wish I knew all variables to this new change. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Call in and request that they honor the fact you have had the card before the cut off date.

Message 18 of 24
snowangel
Frequent Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

If the 10/10 is going away then I would wait.  The 300+ offers have been around for the last two years.  I got in on a $350 offer in April of this year.  I'm actually thinking of closing my Freedom card and transferring the CL to my Amazon card.  Then reapply later next year when a bonus comes around.  I think I can scrape by with only the Discover card until the Freedom bonus goes $300+ again.  Since the categories are pretty much the same.

I think Chase is pretty strick with not issuing a bonus if you reapply for the same exact card, whether or not you close the original card.

EQ: 662 | TU: 682 | EX Plus: 764
SL baddies fall off between Jan '13 - Oct '14
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If melbaro is correct, I may have to just apply for the Freedom now.. That is however pretty screwed up that Chase would kill the 10/10 after all of the advertising they have done for the freedom.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.