cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for Freedom now, or wait for $300 offer to come back?

tag
RonDawg
Contributor

Re: Apply for Freedom now, or wait for $300 offer to come back?

@Anonymous wrote:

I told myself I was going to garden longer, but I the itch is too strong for me to resist.

I buy lunch almost everyday so I think the +10 points on each swipe would be very beneficial for me. The only thing holding me back is that they are only offering the $100 offer instead of the $300 offer. Do you guys think this offer will ever return? Can I ask them to give me the offer before or after I apply for the card?

Are there any other cards I should look into? Maybe BCE? 

Look at the US Bank Cash + card it gives you 5% cash back on cats you select yourself instead of the ones that the bank selects for you. 

They give you $25 gift card for every $100.00 in rewards you cash in on its a great card with no caps and spending requirements also no AF.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 21 of 24
toful
Established Member

@melbaro wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I told myself I was going to garden longer, but I the itch is too strong for me to resist.

I buy lunch almost everyday so I think the +10 points on each swipe would be very beneficial for me. The only thing holding me back is that they are only offering the $100 offer instead of the $300 offer. Do you guys think this offer will ever return? Can I ask them to give me the offer before or after I apply for the card?

Are there any other cards I should look into? Maybe BCE? 

If the 10 points per swipe is a kicker for you, then app now. The 10/10 is going away and will only be the 10% portion if you apply after the 11th this month.

A bird in the hand is better than two in a bush.

Thanks for the heads up about this. I just went and confirmed with Chase to make sure I have it before it goes away. I think it's important more people see this!

Capital One Platinum $750 (3/11) | Macy's $2K (1/12)
Chase Freedom $4.5K (8/12) | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K (11/12) | Amex BCE $12K (10/12)

TU: 751 (10/1/12 - Amex), 747 (5/23/12 - Transunion.com) | EQ: 718 (10/1/12 - myFICO)
Gardening since: 11/12/12

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Freedom last week, oh happy day. Smiley Happy

Will I still make the cutoff date for the 10/10 deal or too late?

I don't have the card yet, but it should hopefully get here this week, but to be safe can I add it before I have the card in hand or can I do it now? Thanks!

Message 23 of 24
ssmith891
New Contributor

Re:

I sent a secure message to Chase today confirming my enrollment. I applied and got approved today.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.