Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apply for two capital one cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Apply for two capital one cards?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was wondering more for the higher CL as I am trying to reduce my utilization. My combined CL is only 2000 and I would like to beef it up for those times when I am ready to make purchases. I plan to have them all paid off and leave them there for a while. I'll wait the 6 months and see what happens. In the meantime I have received a pre-approval notice for the Platinum I can't do anything with EVERY DAY almost. Oh well, not my paper 😅.
Message 11 of 12
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Apply for two capital one cards?

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was wondering more for the higher CL as I am trying to reduce my utilization. My combined CL is only 2000 and I would like to beef it up for those times when I am ready to make purchases. I plan to have them all paid off and leave them there for a while. I'll wait the 6 months and see what happens. In the meantime I have received a pre-approval notice for the Platinum I can't do anything with EVERY DAY almost. Oh well, not my paper 😅.

If your trying to reduce your util with 2000 in CL's then you probably got some high balances. Pay them down. Getting the Plat and 3 HP's and no rewards is not a good choice. You got a QS why go backwards. Without much history posted. Rebuilding is for use on the card and PIF. Not to go out and charge stuff and pay it off. Gotta grow the herd and in time you can have more cards with higher SL's due to higher scores. Slow down its not a race. You got to show responsible use now. In time you can get where you want. Doesnt happen overnight. But it can be done. GL!

Heaven is right. 1 card every 6 months just like CLI's are the same timeframe.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.