Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying For A JPM Select......APPROVED

tag
saggy1
Established Member

Applying For A JPM Select......APPROVED

I recenlty got the CSP. I want this one as well for the hidden trade line and chip. I have apped quite a bit in the last 4 months. Proabaly 9 HQ's. The CSP is my highest tradeline at 5k. I should be ok for the JPM right?

Would it be best to wait until January to apply for this? Mt CSP and freedom accounts are no more than 1.5 months old.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying For A JPM Select

How much of a limit did they give you on your Freedom card?  That would be a lot of new (Chase) accounts pretty quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if they had to move some of your Freeom's limit over to approve you.  Of course, your credit score and income will come into play with that.

Message 2 of 28
saggy1
Established Member

Limit on Freedom is only 500 limit on the csp is 5k.

Message 3 of 28
n777ua
Established Contributor

I don't see an approval in your future based on your recent INQ's and 500 Freedom CL.  

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 4 of 28
saggy1
Established Member

I would have to agree really. Getting approved for the csp really threw me off though.

Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@n777ua wrote:

I don't see an approval in your future based on your recent INQ's and 500 Freedom CL.  

Yeah, I reckon the $500 limit on Freedom means you're pretty much topped out for exposure from Chase right now.  I'd recommend using your new Chase cards regularly for the next 12 months or so, then applying for the JP Morgan Select.

Message 6 of 28
saggy1
Established Member

Weird thing is I apped for the freedom first got the $500 limit. Then apped for the csp and got a 5k limit. Kinda strange.

Maybe I could give it a shot in January, just use my csp and freedom wisely. I am sure weirder things have happened. If I get denied then I will try it again in the summer.....

Thanks for the help!

Message 7 of 28
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yea I agree with other posters you should give it 12 months them try for it if your still interested.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 28
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Chase do keep total CL you have with them in mind. So if you already have $5,500 CL from them getting Select is going to be difficult.

Message 9 of 28
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You can try and PC the CSP but you will lose the appeal and points benefits that card offers. Also, it may not be hidden if you PC. You might have hit their risk ceiling considering the toy limit on the Freedom, but then again, what do I know?!

I tied one on and applied on a whim and was approved...
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.