Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying For A JPM Select......APPROVED

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Applying For A JPM Select

@saggy1 wrote:

Well against my better judgment I applied last night and was instantly approved for 5k....I was just as shocked as you guys will be reading this. Both the freedom and the csp were reporting a $0 balance as I had just paid both accounts in full earlier in the day. Maybe that helped? idk....

They pulled to TU my score is right around 740

Anyways I am done aping now! time to graden till Jan when I am going fo the bcp!

Smiley Very Happy

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 28
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Applying For A JPM Select......APPROVED

Congrats, you're going to love it. Make sure you ask them to expedite it and you'll have it in a few days!
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 22 of 28
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Did they pull TU for your CSP and Freedom? Curious because my EX is markedly worse than either EQ or TU and I'd love to someday have a CSP, but assumed they always pull EX. 

Congrats, by the way. Just goes to show that everything we know about everything is wrong, always. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 23 of 28
Jlu
Established Contributor

They pulled TU for my Freedom and Experian for my Select. 

It's worth noting that my score was 680 TU FICO and 670 EQ FICO with my EX FICO falling somewhere in between. My utilization was 5% and my highest limit card was their own Freedom card, with the next highest being my Barclays Visa (Discover hadn't reported yet). I also had a lot of inquiries at around 15 at time of approval and was listed as the only reason for the initial denial. AAoA 2.5 years, oldest 7 years. Income listed as Management/Executive with 6 figure salary. Baddies were 2 COs 5+ years ago and 1 late from 2009 reporting.

Recon was done via 888-245-0625 and they approved with $5k CL, thanked them and hung up. Called same number back 5 minutes later and asked for higher limit in line with income. Came back at $7000 and I said I was thinking more like $10,000 - another minute they counter at $9000.. I wasnt going to test fate. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 24 of 28
jamlovesgrapes
Established Member

Congrats!!! It's funny how when I show mine to the my banker he was suprised and asked me how I got it because it's for CPC clients only (which I am not one). I guess they don't know as much. Anyways I love this card for the benefits! This got me into the US Open Chase Lounge exclusively for CPC clients by calling the number on the back of the card! I would love to have the Palladium in the future.

JP Morgan Select 5K, CSP 5K, JP Morgan Ritz Carlton 5K, Southwest Premier 5K, Marriott Premier 5K, Chase Freedom 1.5K, Chase Ink Bold, Citi Hilton Reserve 7K, Citi Hilton Visa Signature 5K, Citi AA Platinum World MC 5K, Citi TY Preferred 5.75K, Discover IT 2.5K, BOA BankAmericard Travel 5K, BOA BankAmericard Cash 15K, Cap1 Cash Rewards 5K, PayPal Extras MC 4.4K, AMEX Blue Sky AU 11K
Message 25 of 28
Jlu
Established Contributor

^ That is actually very slick.

I love being someplace where everyone is someone - mainly for networking purposes.
Message 26 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Chase do keep total CL you have with them in mind. So if you already have $5,500 CL from them getting Select is going to be difficult.

Very True, when I asked for a higher CL on my Freedom, they could see that I already had a JP Morgan card with a high CL on it. Rep said we cannot go beyond your combined CL on these two cards for now.

Message 27 of 28
CS800
Super Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

^Just checked again, you're right it is 2x! Hah! Oh well I guess I'll have to settle for a Kia instead of a Honda Smiley Tongue

LOL That was funny right there.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.