Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for Credit

Most excellent, keep it up.  We will all be in the 700 club soon.
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:
Most excellent, keep it up.  We will all be in the 700 club soon.

Not if I keep jumping the gun and applying before I should...Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 16
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I presume that applying for new credit is more than just a quick FICO goal.  In that case, the hard inquiry made to get that new card drops off in twelve months, so if your target is more than 12 months away, it can only help.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

RobertEG wrote:
I presume that applying for new credit is more than just a quick FICO goal.  In that case, the hard inquiry made to get that new card drops off in twelve months, so if your target is more than 12 months away, it can only help.

I have no new tradelines and all my good ones are closed and aged, now that all
my debt is close to paid off I need new credit, So I am looking at middle of next year
for possibly a new house purchase, get the cards I can this month and play the utilization
game till middle of next year I suppose...
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which ones did you apply for Pasttorik?  Are your scores high?  I haven't applied for anything for so long, but have (2) CCs reporting good for past year and two years, have 3 accounts closed all good, one auto loan and one installment loan.  Of course have one account reporting on EQ twice so it appears double the debt - been trying for a year now to get that corrected...just curious
Message 15 of 16
iignatii
Valued Member

What were the CLI on these cards Pastorrik?
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.