cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a CC from bank you got CO from?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for a CC from bank you got CO from?

This might sound like a stupid question but if theortically speaking, one were to apply for a CC from a bank he/she defaulted on which was sold to a CA, would the bank automatically turn the applicant down? Is there a way for their "system" to check if this person already had an account established with the bank in the past?

Thoughts?  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Applying for a CC from bank you got CO from?

YMMV based on the CCC. Some hold grudges forever and some have a short memory.

Message 2 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Capital One has blacklisted me.  I have a fully paid c/o from (2 more mos will be) 7 years ago.  No deal.

That's ok tho, there are certainly tastier fish in the sea! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as it sits I have a C/O from HSBC Orchard Bank that is set to fall off in 06/2013.  The amount charged off was $366.  I don't know whether I should try to re-apply for the same card or not.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a paid CO?

Message 5 of 7
tray
Valued Contributor

I have an HSBK Orchard Card CO that is currently reporting on my cr 's never paid HSBK and was sold to a CA, I did pay off this account in full with the CA and from this CA reporting information inaccurate I was able to get a delete. Now in December of 09 To my surprise I was still able to get a HSBK Reward Zone Mastercard cl $1,000.00 around the holidays when their was a thread on this forum about the pre-select site and alot of apps being approved then. Now I do not know if this help me at all but they pulled my EQ report and the HSBK charge off is not showing there to my luck it was removed when the CA account was removed off my EX report ( was only reporting there). But the CO is still on TU and EX. Also what a joke I was offered a secured card with Orchard. So with my story you never know with this bank try the HSBK pre-select site just to see what offers are given no Hard Pull unless you actually app. Good Luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it a paid CO?

Unfortunately no.  It was sold to a CA, whom I'm still fighting with for PFD, Portfolio Recovery.  I'll probably at least sit tight until I can get this CA account removed.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.