cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for a JCPenney card with a medical collection??

tag
blondie_keen
New Contributor

Applying for a JCPenney card with a medical collection??

Happy belated xmas all!!

I would like to apply for a jcpenney card sometime in the next couple days but I have a medical collection on all three of my credit reports. the good news is that with my xmas money i just paid off the remaining balance.

Will anyone approve me (educated guesses welcome) with this blemish on my report? I believe they pull EQ here in ND and my score as of a few weeks ago was 630.

Or should I not even try to apply and wait until I go through the HIPAA process to have it removed?? I don't NEED this card now but I only have 1 cc so I would like to build my credit back up and this card should help no?

Thanks again!!! 

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Applying for a JCPenney card with a medical collection??

blondie_keen wrote:

Or should I not even try to apply and wait until I go through the HIPAA process to have it removed?? I don't NEED this card now but I only have 1 cc so I would like to build my credit back up and this card should help no?

Bingo.

No reason on earth to apply with a dirty report when you can wait a month or two and apply with a clean one! You want the best deal you can get with them, right out of the box, and that means the best credit profile you can present. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

blondie_keen wrote:

Bingo.

No reason on earth to apply with a dirty report when you can wait a month or two and apply with a clean one! You want the best deal you can get with them, right out of the box, and that means the best credit profile you can present. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 5
blondie_keen
New Contributor

So, is this the general consensus? Anyone else have any more input I welcome it.

Thanks again though!

MAY 2009 FICO SCORES

EQ 639
TU 647
Message 3 of 5
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

The mod's advice makes perfect sense.  Once you get that med collection off in a couple months and your CR is in better shape you should have no problems getting approved for the JCP card or another store backed card for that matter.  HTH  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice i would wait as well.Unless you need it now...FYI i was just approved last month for Jc Pennys with a CL of $700. with a score in the high 600 and 1 paid medical collection.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.