cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for an AMEX while on the blacklist???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for an AMEX while on the blacklist???

I was told AMEX will autmoatically decline you without pulling your report if you're blacklisted?

I charged off on 2 AMEX cards about 7 years ago and I applied for a new the other they and they did attempt to pull my report but my EX was frozen.    Recieved a call from them yesterday requesting I remove the freeze.

Does this mean I have slipped through the cracks or would they have caught onto it?   The charged off accounts have dropped off of my reports, BTW.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for an AMEX while on the blacklist???

If blacklisted, they decline without pull. However I have heard of temporary approvals only days later to get acct closed due to previous adverse relationship, etc. Only one way to find out, open EQ and chance it or don't :/

Message 2 of 7
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was told AMEX will autmoatically decline you without pulling your report if you're blacklisted?

I charged off on 2 AMEX cards about 7 years ago and I applied for a new the other they and they did attempt to pull my report but my EX was frozen.    Recieved a call from them yesterday requesting I remove the freeze.

Does this mean I have slipped through the cracks or would they have caught onto it?   The charged off accounts have dropped off of my reports, BTW.

From what I gather, AMEX never forgets. Never ever ever ever! And they don't sell off collection accounts to anyone. And even if it drops off your report, they have internal records. The only way to get back into their good graces is to pay off your debt.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 7
deg757
Regular Contributor

I had an AMEX that was charged off 8 years ago but I PIF over 7 years ago. Not sure exactly when. When I get my scores up, will I still be black listed?

Starting scores 2/27/12 TU 605 EX 576 EQ 560
Current scores lender pull 9/6/12 TU 663 EX 629 EQ 645
Closed on our first home 10/26/2012!
Message 4 of 7
beb86
Valued Contributor

Maybe but as other posters have mentioned the could find out and close your account after approval....

Message 5 of 7
dude11
Regular Contributor

@deg757 wrote:

I had an AMEX that was charged off 8 years ago but I PIF over 7 years ago. Not sure exactly when. When I get my scores up, will I still be black listed?

If you PIF then I'm sure you are not blacklisted. Whether you want to get your scores up for a better chance or approval then that is up to you. Keep in mind that Amex looks at your credit report beyond your credit score. You can try applying now at your will or if it makes you more comfortable wait till your scores go up. 

Message 6 of 7
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Only one way to find out!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.