Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying for an unsecured Credit Card

tag
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Re: Applying for an unsecured Credit Card

Based on your perfect credit history it should be an instant approal. Annual fee might be worth due to free bags but you need to call and confirm with Amex if Delta would allow free bags on international flight. I like cards free from annual fee and a general travel card might be much better for you. Capital One has a newcomer card with 2% cash back on all travel purchases and Bank of America also has a good travel card. You should be able to get most cards except for ones which require higher income.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 51 of 72
kmh123
Valued Member

Thank you for your flattering comment. 

I researched a bit more on the card and took a second look at my traveling habits. I think I can put the Delta card away for the moment.

In the garden since Apr 2016

Message 52 of 72
kmh123
Valued Member

Hi,

I am back with another question!

I have some considerable amount of purchases to be made during Thanksgiving this year. So, I was wondering if there are any cards with good signup bonuses and rewards. Right now I just have AMEX BCE on my radar with the $100 signup bonus for spending $1000 in first 3 months. It has great rewards system too. I am not interested in cards that have AF. Do you have any other suggestions?

Message 53 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kmh123 wrote:

Hi,

I am back with another question!

I have some considerable amount of purchases to be made during Thanksgiving this year. So, I was wondering if there are any cards with good signup bonuses and rewards. Right now I just have AMEX BCE on my radar with the $100 signup bonus for spending $1000 in first 3 months. It has great rewards system too. I am not interested in cards that have AF. Do you have any other suggestions?

Discover 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 54 of 72
kmh123
Valued Member

Thank you for your quick reply.

That is a good card but it doesn't have any signup bonus which I am trying to exploit with my Thanksgiving purchases. Also, the revolving 5% cashback feels redundant with my Chase Freedom.

Message 55 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kmh123 wrote:

Thank you for your quick reply.

That is a good card but it doesn't have any signup bonus which I am trying to exploit with my Thanksgiving purchases. Also, the revolving 5% cashback feels redundant with my Chase Freedom.

5% online shopping would payoff big time

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 56 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

I'll remind everyone to be nice and respectful of others 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 57 of 72
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@J_G

Please respect the other members on this board. Comments relating to personal attacks are not to be tolerated.

Thank you!

Message 58 of 72
kmh123
Valued Member

@09Lexie wrote:
@J_G

Please respect the other members on this board. Comments relating to personal attacks are not to be tolerated.

Thank you!

@myjourney wrote:

Thank you ^

--------

5% Online Shopping is an interesting topic that you brought up. Also, the card has no foreign transaction fee. I will look into this in more detail.

Any other suggestions are most welcome!

Message 59 of 72
myjourney
Super Contributor

@kmh123 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
@J_G

Thank you!

@myjourney wrote:

Thank you ^

--------

5% Online Shopping is an interesting topic that you brought up. Also, the card has no foreign transaction fee. I will look into this in more detail.

Any other suggestions are most welcome!

Your Chase has 5% amazon and select stores not sure which stores I don't have a Freedom card YET...

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 60 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.