Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apprehensive to apply for Barclays

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Apprehensive to apply for Barclays

@CS800 wrote:

My util was 36% at the time of my approval. They did ask me about that when I call to recon.

Mine was arounf there too, they asked about that and all the new accts.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 55
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

My util was 36% at the time of my approval. They did ask me about that when I call to recon.

Mine was arounf there too, they asked about that and all the new accts.

I did get interrogated on my baddies altough a lot of them are 4+ years old. My paid collections. I was just honest with them the whole time.

Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frogfan12 wrote:

I really really REALLY want a Macbook Pro. After much consideration and viewing several videos online, I want to make the switch to Mac. With the 0% financing offer available from Barclays, it looks like I'd be able to purchase the laptop now and have it PIF within the next 12 months interest free. I've read really positive things about Barclays via different threads but I'm still kind of apprehensive about applying. I have really good credit scores and excellent credit history. My only concern now is one of my card's util is nearing 50% but all of my other cards are pretty near zero. My overall util is probably near 13ish%. What do you guys think my odds are of being approved? All of my other CLs hover around $3K-$5K. I would just like some advice before I go ahead and apply, which I want to do within the next week because of the financing deal possibly coming to an end in the near future.

I would definitely apply...I applied for the Barclay Rewards Card and was instantly approved for $4,400 and my scores are lower than yours. Plus my UTI was like 36% at the time of applying.

Message 23 of 55
CS800
Super Contributor

I do use my Barclay Card heavily since I had to make some purchase. It's at 60% util right now and I have decided to pay it off in 6 months, this way I build a good payment history with them.

Message 24 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I recently got the Apple Card but the other Option is Best Buy Store Card, they are offering 18 months 0% for Mac Purchases.

18 months wouldn't be bad. But I'm not sure I would get the CL I would need for BB.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 25 of 55
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I recently got the Apple Card but the other Option is Best Buy Store Card, they are offering 18 months 0% for Mac Purchases.

18 months wouldn't be bad. But I'm not sure I would get the CL I would need for BB.

The BB store card is harder to qualify for than the BB Visa/MC. They told me its because the store cc has no AF; whereas the visa/mc has an AF, so it's easier to get.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 26 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Yeah, BB is kind of slow with posting points and the like as well. Knowing them, I would get the points posted to my RZ account the day they're set to expire. That is if they even posted the points to begin with. After my experiences with BB prior to Black Friday, I would not apply for credit with them.

Message 27 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

OMG, their (BB) APR ranges from 25%-28%. And that's without penalty!

Message 28 of 55
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

frogfan12, it seems to me that BB posts the RZ points after about 30 days or so (about the length of the return period). Are you saying they were slower than that?
Message 29 of 55
frogfan12
Established Contributor

The last time I made a big purchase (tablet) they did not post the points at all. When I tried to manually claim my points online, they claimed they could not find any record of my transaction. It took them about a month or so to finally get my points up. They're real shady with the points.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.