Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appropriate CLI to ask for?

tag
Jamex
Frequent Contributor

Appropriate CLI to ask for?

I got a Barclaycard in March and from reading some of the threads about them I should be eligible for a CLI in September. I know it's possible I might get an auto CLI, but I'm wondering what an appropriate amount to hope for - or ask for - might be.

Right now my CL with the Barclaycard is 3,000. I only have one other card with a 2500 limit, and am an AU on my girlfriend's card (also Barclays) which has a 12.5k limit.

My thinking right now is that if they offered me less than a 3k increase, I'd try to ask for that to get my limit with them up to 6k. Does that seem reasonable?

In case it's helpful my income is 74k, and between rent and other installment loans my required monthly payments are about 1500/mo.

Thanks very much, as always, for any insight!

Starting score 3/30/13: 570s across the board
As of 2/17/18: EX 802 | EQ 809 | TU 811

CSR 34K | Freedom 21K | Marriott 24K | Alaska 21K | Citi Dividend 5.9K | Barclay Rewards MC 15K | DCU Visa 10K | AX SPG 24K | AX PRG NPSL | AX Green NPSL | AX EDP 10K | Cap One Venture 20K | SFCU Visa 15K | Barclay Arrival+ 24K (AU) | BankAmericard 13.5K (AU)

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Appropriate CLI to ask for?

Each person ask for what they think the card is worth to them some will say 1k others 20k 

Then there's the other side on the CLI

Barclay who will assess how you used the card ....heavy spender...carries a balance....CR's....have scores increased and no new INQ's? Which are you? Lol

Know this about Barclay if you don't get an auto CLI your request will result in a HP which may be successful or may not 

I suggest some reading of the results these forum members have banded together to share facts about what Barclay looks for when it comes to CLI's as well as other facts 

Trust me it's worth the read 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-CC-let-s-put-our-heads-together/m-p/2297693#M64...

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.