Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Odds. 2nd Barclays Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Odds. 2nd Barclays Card

I currently have a Lufthansa Miles & More MasterCard through Barclays that I applied and received 2 months ago.  What are the odds of them approving me for a second Barclay Card (Apple or Sallie Mae).  I have a 4500 Balance (from 0% Bal Xfer) on a 5500 limit.  I have a 730 TU score, with overall utilization at about 22% on 10 cards averaging about 7500 CL. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval Odds. 2nd Barclays Card

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a Lufthansa Miles & More MasterCard through Barclays that I applied and received 2 months ago.  What are the odds of them approving me for a second Barclay Card (Apple or Sallie Mae).  I have a 4500 Balance (from 0% Bal Xfer) on a 5500 limit.  I have a 730 TU score, with overall utilization at about 22% on 10 cards averaging about 7500 CL. 

Your odds for the Apple card are pretty good.  For the Sallie Mae card there is no chance as they don't offer that card any longer.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They've always been good on my apple card and it's my highest limit. They require a hp for cli. Last one I did i was declined b/c I was carrying g a high balance at the time but reconed and they gave me an increase.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Your odds for the Apple card are pretty good.  For the Sallie Mae card there is no chance as they don't offer that card any longer.

This OP^^^^...

Message 4 of 10
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This OP^^^^...

OP, be aware that "UPromise by Sallie Mae" (currently available) is not the same as "Sallie Mae Rewards" (closed to new applications).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 10
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I also think the odds are good for you

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I'd probably go against the grain here and say the odds may not be great. Nothing wrong with your score, but Barclay's is generally leery of giving out a second account so soon after the first. Usually they want several months of history with one account before giving another.

This doesn't apply if you get instant approval, but if you have to recon for any reason, it's less likely to have a good outcome when your account is only 2 months old.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I app'd 6 months after opening barclay rewards and was approved for the LL Bean visa. But they would not budge on my SL.
Message 8 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i think your general credit card utilization is a bit high, and you might want to consider getting some of your accounts down to zero....

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i think your general credit card utilization is a bit high, and you might want to consider getting some of your accounts down to zero....

+1

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.