Did you mean: 

Approval odds for Chase Sapphire Reserve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval odds for Chase Sapphire Reserve

Hello everyone,

First of all, happy holiday!!!

I need some advice from you guys. I really like the CSR card and would love to get it. Below is my information and hope you guys can help me figure out if it's a smart decision to apply or not.

AAoA:1.3 Months

Scores: EQ 731 TU748 (Those two scores are from my BOA and Citi cards, not sure how accurate they are)

Accounts:

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $1500

Capital One QuicksilverOne: $2000

Citi American Airline: $3900

Account Open: 5 (I technically only have 3 accounts, but I was added as an authorized user on two of my hubby's cards)

No baddies, late payments etc.

Credit Ultilization: 1%

Credit Inquiries: 3 Tu 3 EQ (This is from Credit Karma)

Those are my basic information. I went to the branch last month and was told I was not pre-qualified for this card. The reason was because I have no credit relationships with Chase yet. Also this card's minimun CL is $10,000, which I don't have any cards that's close to this number.  My personal understanding is that my chance of getting this card is very minimum. But would like to hear some advices from you experts!

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval odds for Chase Sapphire Reserve

If you have over 1 year of history, no baddies, a decent income and don't have 595 inq this year, I have a good feeling you'd be approved!
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. That's really good to hear. My income is between the 50K-90K range. Not quite sure what the 595 inquires means? I might have around 5 inq in total this year.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. That's really good to hear. My income is between the 50K-90K range. Not quite sure what the 595 inquires means? I might have around 5 inq in total this year.

I was exxagerting. Some people have tons of inquiries that hurts their chances when app'ing for a new card. 

Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be negative but I am not as positive that you will be approved.  The reasons that they gave you in branch are going to be pretty much true now.  If I were you I'd start out with a Freedom or Freedom Unlimited from Chase if you want to build some relationship with them  Your AAoA and existing credit file is just to low right now to be approved for the CSR .

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, make sure you're not over 5/24 (5 cards opened/approved for in the past 24 months)

Edit: derp, I realized you only have three opened, the two AU's may hurt you though for the 5/24 rule

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your input. I'm also not very positive to be honest. But I do want this card very much. I thought about applying for another Chase card to start, but CSR really is the only card I want to have with Chase. I also like Amex's Platinum very much and I got the 10K offer. However, the $175 AF for AU has turned me down. My hubby and I would highly prefer to use the same credit card together and it's just two of us. I don't see any reasons to pay the $175 for just two of us.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe shoot for the Amex PRG then? $0 to add an AU and gets you in the MR world..
Message 8 of 24
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

First of all, happy holiday!!!

I need some advice from you guys. I really like the CSR card and would love to get it. Below is my information and hope you guys can help me figure out if it's a smart decision to apply or not.

AAoA:1.3 Months

Scores: EQ 731 TU748 (Those two scores are from my BOA and Citi cards, not sure how accurate they are)

Accounts:

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $1500

Capital One QuicksilverOne: $2000

Citi American Airline: $3900

Account Open: 5 (I technically only have 3 accounts, but I was added as an authorized user on two of my hubby's cards)

No baddies, late payments etc.

Credit Ultilization: 1%

Credit Inquiries: 3 Tu 3 EQ (This is from Credit Karma)

Those are my basic information. I went to the branch last month and was told I was not pre-qualified for this card. The reason was because I have no credit relationships with Chase yet. Also this card's minimun CL is $10,000, which I don't have any cards that's close to this number.  My personal understanding is that my chance of getting this card is very minimum. But would like to hear some advices from you experts!

Thanks! 

Can you tell us the month/year you opened those three cards and what are those two authorized user cards' open dates on your credit report/credit karma? 

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bear in mind that that $175 covers up to three additional cards. Further, the additional card members get all of the benefits with the exception of another $200 airline fee credit. When you factor in the value for the multiple lounge accesses, gold elite membership with hilton, Starwood and Marriott, platinum travel service access, etc., the value outweighs the $175 *if you use the benefits*. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.