cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval odds with Chase pre-qualified offer??

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval odds with Chase pre-qualified offer??

Pre-quals aren't guaranteed so be aware when applying Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 17
DrMac210
Regular Contributor

Decided to wait to app until the judgement falls off my TU and EQ report in May.

The biggest reason is that while triple checking my EX report, I found out that my student loan was misreporting the payment amount( which would right now cause a TERRIBLE DTI) and that won't be corrected until next week, so I might as well wait until May.

Starting Score: EQ 641, TU ???, EX ??? (myfico 6/7/13)
Current Score: EQ 760, TU 740, EX 750 (myfico July 2015)
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 17
TFreshStart
Valued Member

Just like the OP I was able to get the Chase pre-qualifier to bring up Freedom and Slate. I also tried to "check for offers" link for Discover and it also worked for the first time ever. I randomly check all the pre qual sites and never have anything pop up, so its really exciting for these offers to finally start showing up. Now I know its not a guaranteed approval, but I can see were Chase did a soft pull on my credit report so I know they had a peek at my report. When I look at the offer I get from the pre qual link it has a longer promotional period for the 0% APR than what is advertised on the actual website. I'm still afraid to pull the trigger on either offer because I know nothing is guaranteed.

Message 13 of 17
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

I was prequalified for thr Slate and Freedom through mail offers only. There was no prequalied offers in their site.

I applied and was approved for both with a total CL of $6k. As soon as I got the cards I pc'd to a CSP and moved the total $6k to CSP and closed Slate and Freedom.

On April 3, Chase SP'd and I can now see eligible offers for Slate and Freedom in the site which I never had before.

Does this mean I will get approved? I'm gardening until Sept (f I dont get Amex preapproved offers before) so I dont want to waste an HP at this stage.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 14 of 17
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

For what it's worth, I got a prequalification letter for Chase Slate in the mail and also online. I applied today and they approved me. I already had a Chase Freedom. 

Prequalifications don't necessarily mean you'll get approved, of course.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 15 of 17
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

i check the pre-qual sites as well. Usually never see anything, but one day Freedom popped up so I applied and was instantly approved. I also was approved for the CSP less than a week later.

I check Discover but nothing is ever there. I called in to app over the phone, but she took the same info they do on the pre-qual site and told me I was actually preapproved. App'd and instantly approved for that card too.

Good Luck

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 17
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

The Pre-qual sites aren't totally accurate either.   I've been to the Amex more then enough times.   Nothing ever came up for me.  I tried  two ways for my address.  Your address as to be inputed the exact way that the CRA uses.  I just recently was approved for two different Amex though with a total of 10K limit.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.