Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals.

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Approvals.

For some reason, I've been seeing this strange pattern lately, where as to one day I've seen a LOT of Home Depot approvals/CLI  in the Credit Card Approvals, AMEX approvals the week before, and yesterday a LOT of Barclays approvals. Is it just me or anyone seeing the same pattern too?  Perhaps I'm just going crazy, too much time in the forum lol

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Approvals.

It's you ERT's get em 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

For some reason, I've been seeing this strange pattern lately, where as to one day I've seen a LOT of Home Depot approvals/CLI  in the Credit Card Approvals, AMEX approvals the week before, and yesterday a LOT of Barclays approvals. Is it just me or anyone seeing the same pattern too?  Perhaps I'm just going crazy, too much time in the forum lol

You are not going crazy...a few days ago I was wondering if everyone was remodeling at once, there were so many Home Depot approvals! Lol

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 3 of 16
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

monkey see, monkey do

Message 4 of 16
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

Sorry 101 I just had to do it Smiley Wink

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 5 of 16
ForMyBiz
Frequent Contributor

definitely, was just thinking that about Barclays today lol.

It's the power of suggestion :-)  We see someone with like stats get approved and that makes us want to apply.  This place is a marketer/advertisers dream!

Message 6 of 16
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ForMyBiz wrote:

definitely, was just thinking that about Barclays today lol.

It's the power of suggestion :-)  We see someone with like stats get approved and that makes us want to apply.  This place is a marketer/advertisers dream!

+1 That's what I was thinking. Seems like the OCCU and Barclays are getting alot of approvals lately.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 7 of 16
John060675
Valued Contributor

I can 100% tell you that I had the courage to apply for a Home Depot CC only because of reading it on the forum.  I was approved for $3,000.   

Definitely "monkey see, monkey do" for me. 

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 16
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Not only that, but it may have to do with their mailing patterns. I got a barclay pre selected offer a couple days ago....and get one from citi every day or two.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 9 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

You are not going crazy...a few days ago I was wondering if everyone was remodeling at once, there were so many Home Depot approvals! Lol

LOL I know right?  I was thinking the exact same thing!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.