Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved BoA AMEX Cash rewards card, but CLD on primary card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved BoA AMEX Cash rewards card, but CLD on primary card

@clocktick wrote:

I would try to call and get the limit back.  I've read stories on here where others have done that with BOA and it worked, although every situation is different. 

+1

Exactly.  It doesn't hurt to call. 

It is kind of slimy to approve an application and then reduce another card by an equal amount.  They should have asked you first, in my opinion.

Message 11 of 13
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

I would try to call and get the limit back.  I've read stories on here where others have done that with BOA and it worked, although every situation is different. 

+1

Exactly.  It doesn't hurt to call. 

It is kind of slimy to approve an application and then reduce another card by an equal amount.  They should have asked you first, in my opinion.

Slimy?? All CCC's are slime balls!  Either you play the game or you don't.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 12 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

This certainly isn't the first post about BofA doing this.

They just take the same slice of pie and cut it smaller for multiple accounts, rather than adding another slice.

I agree, they should most certainly tell you that this is what would happen, and ask if you agree.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.