Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Chase Hyatt after Rejection 53 Days Ago

tag
drew11
Regular Contributor

Approved Chase Hyatt after Rejection 53 Days Ago

Was approved for the CSP at the end of April for $7k. Also applied for the Ink Plus right after but got the "Pending futher review" message. Called the recon # twice and both times was denied for opening too many new credit lines and they wouldn't even move around some credit because the CSP was so new. Pulled my FICO report last week and only received one inquiry for the two applications which was pretty nice.

Anyways, decided to try my luck last night for the Chase Hyatt (which was 53 days after being rejected for the Ink) and once again received the pending decision. Called the recon # and she said that the only reason why I received that message was because it took some time to connect the card to my already existing Hyatt Gold Passport account... and that I was approved for $7K!!!

I plan on using the two free nights and suite upgrades for my honeymoon next year that I have been accumulating points for and will probably keep the card for another year before I decide to close it and transfer all of its CL between the CSP and Freedom. Now it's gardening until next year, I still want that Ink Plus but will definitely wait for small business week when hopefully they run the $60k promotion again!

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Approved Chase Hyatt after Rejection 53 Days Ago

Message 2 of 6
RhubarbPie
New Contributor

Nice! where are you going for your honeymoon? Just got done saying in another thread how awesome Hyatt is. My husband and I both got Hyatt cards and are using them for 4 free nights in Tokyo (which otherwise would've been over $2000). If used right, its one of the best signup bonuses out there right now.

Bummer about the Ink. I just got in on the 60K small business week offer. Hopefully they'll have it again next year.

Message 3 of 6
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

That is great....

What was your AAoA and did they pull EX ?  How many INQ on EX in the last 12 months ?

I am so close to apping for this card.  Waiting for 4 of my accounts to report recent CLI's, and should put my UTL in the 2% range. Hoping to see a boost in score, especially my EX as it has been stuck at 742 for months. I am 104 days since last Chase app.

Thank you

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 4 of 6
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 5 of 6
drew11
Regular Contributor

Thanks! We're planning on going to Maui for two weeks - 7 nights at the new Hyatt Andaz (22,000 pts/night) and 7 nights at a condo. We're also planning on using the leftover Chase UR points to purchase 2 roundtrip United flights for 80,000 pts.

We're really excited for next summer - hope you enjoy your trip too!

AAoA: 14 months
Util %: 10%
Income: $45,000

Inquiries: EQ (1), TU (1), EX (3)

-Pretty sure they pulled Experian since both my Freedom and CSP apps pulled EX

01/04/17 Equifax FICO 788
01/04/17 Experian FICO 789
01/04/17 TransUnion FICO 784

Amex BCP $24,000 | Chase Freedom: $13,000 | Chase SR: $35,000 | Discover IT: $20,000 | PenFed Platinum: $32,000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.