Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!!!! Discover More

tag
PHILYMIC
Valued Member

Approved!!!! Discover More

Hi All...

Just wanted to let you all know of my success with Discover.  I am a student and have read the posts on this site regarding being enrolled at a two-year university and therefore denied for the Discover Student.  I chatted with a Discover rep who told me the same, however stated I could apply anyway and see what happens.  I elected to apply for the regular Discover selecting "some college" as opposed to "currently enrolled at..." and was given the 30 day message.  I immediately called the recon number listed under the backdoor thread and spoke to a very nice CS woman who after verifying employment and income was able to approve me for $1000.  A big thank you to the forum community for all the great info and CS numbers.

Philymic

My Score:
Experian FICO: 726

In My Wallet:
Elan Financial Rewards Visa (05/10) / Chevron (12/10) / Citi Forward (02/11) / Amex Zync (04/11) / Discover IT (06/11) / Chase Freedom (09/11) / Amex Blue Cash Everyday (09/11)

All done applying...I have my perfect credit portfolio!!!!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Approved!!!! Discover More

Congrats!  Enjoy your new card.

Message 2 of 19
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I'm not sure but I believe the Student Discover More either has a cap on CL and/or cannot be PC'd into a regular More, so it's awesome that you were approved for the regular More card! I just got my Discover More card in the mail yesterday, so I'm a new member as well ($2500 CL). Smiley Very Happy

ImageImageImage

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very big congrats! I recently got the open road card and might pc to the more in a few months. (2500 CL)

Message 4 of 19
smc733
Valued Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:

Congrats! I'm not sure but I believe the Student Discover More either has a cap on CL and/or cannot be PC'd into a regular More, so it's awesome that you were approved for the regular More card! I just got my Discover More card in the mail yesterday, so I'm a new member as well ($2500 CL). Smiley Very Happy

From what I understand, the approval limits are lower for the student More, but once approved, it shows as just a More card in Discover's system, so beyond the initial approval, there is no difference.  No one at Discover has ever referred to my account as a student account, it wasn't even on any of the material I received with the card.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 19
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Ah, good to know. I stand corrected. Smiley Wink

ImageImageImage

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! You are one lucky person. My first credit limit was for $500 with Discover. It took about a year to get  it up to $1750 lol

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

what were your scores?
Message 8 of 19
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Discover pulled EQ for me in NJ, not sure what my EQ FICO is but should be floating just above 700, only had one previous inquiry prior to this one in the past year and it was also for Discover. Util % is at about 25%, about $9K in revolving debt, about $45K in student loans. Instantly approved last week for Discover More at $2500 CL.

ImageImageImage

Message 9 of 19
smc733
Valued Contributor

@simonlarano wrote:

Discover pulled EQ for me in NJ, not sure what my EQ FICO is but should be floating just above 700, only had one previous inquiry prior to this one in the past year and it was also for Discover. Util % is at about 25%, about $9K in revolving debt, about $45K in student loans. Instantly approved last week for Discover More at $2500 CL.

Interesting, when I applied they pulled TU for me, in southern NJ.

Anyway, there are a number of student cards, though, that will never leave that student status, so your advice is pretty good on that front, I generally steer people away from student cards.  (Most apps have a student notation on them, even for "primer" cards, they'll just issue a comparable limit, but the account can grow).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.