Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved Discovercard with low FICO

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Approved Discovercard with low FICO

I have a pretty thin file with one minor baddie (30 days from a utility company), but I was approved with Discover more. I didn't think I was going to get approved, but I felt lucky so applied anyway. The CL is pretty low (2k), but I'm hoping it'll grow over time. How is discover with CLI? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Approved Discovercard with low FICO

@mahendra82 wrote:

I have a pretty thin file with one minor baddie (30 days from a utility company), but I was approved with Discover more. I didn't think I was going to get approved, but I felt lucky so applied anyway. The CL is pretty low (2k), but I'm hoping it'll grow over time. How is discover with CLI? 

Congrats!  Discover give auto  CLIs every 3 months for the first year.  After the first year,  you won't be guaranteed any increases without a hard pull of credit. 

Message 2 of 14
vish1
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

Congrats!  Discover give auto  CLIs every 3 months for the first year.  After the first year,  you won't be guaranteed any increases without a hard pull of credit. 

+1

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 14
mahendra82
Contributor

Thanks for the info!

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

I am still new to Discover (opened in Jan 2011) they told me I have to call after 6 months to request a cli.

Message 5 of 14
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

I am still new to Discover (opened in Jan 2011) they told me I have to call after 6 months to request a cli.

You must have a different tier card. 

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

You must have a different tier card. 

I have a Discover Open Road.

Message 7 of 14
mahendra82
Contributor

What's the different between discover open road and the more? I got the more card.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mahendra82 wrote:

What's the different between discover open road and the more? I got the more card.

The Open Road doesn't have the 5% cashback, it only has the 1% and 2% on some categories.

Message 9 of 14
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i have had my discover more since sept 24 2010, and have yet to see them give me an auto cli... started out with 2500, still at 2500

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.