Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 15,000 USAA Non-Member card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for 15,000 USAA Non-Member card

After reading some posts I saw you can get their card without any military affiliation. I had to call to join and then I applied online, after the app it asked some verification questions from CR then approved for 15,000. The problem is a 15% apr! Anyone called to see if it can be lowered? Mu eq was 745 and 19% util.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for 15,000 USAA Non-Member card

Congrats on your approval and thats a very nice CL!

When you say you joined them does that mean you had to open a savings/checking account? Sorry couldnt help with your question about the apr lowering, i have no experiece with USAA. 

Message 2 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

Congrats on your approval!!! You can call to ask them to lower APR. I never any experience.

Ron. 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didnt have to open any accounts, just called them up and gave them my info, They gave me a USAA # and I enrolled online with it. Very friendly and easy.
Message 4 of 12
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! By chance what # did you call to join? I wouldnt mind trying it out if I dont have open a savings/checking account. Thanks!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card.  Just make sure that you PIF every month and then you will not have to worry about the APR.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

The lowest rates are reserved for full USAA members.  I'm not sure what their lowest available APR is for "lite" members, but it will be higher.

Lowest APR for full members currently is 8.9% variable.

PenFed has a rate over 13%, so this may not be abnormally high for your situation with USAA.  Let us know if you manage to get a reduction.

And CONGRATS!

Message 7 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

txjohn,

The lowest APR for lite member is 10.9%. with no rewards. OP got a nice CL after he joined without opening checking and savings account. The APR is a little higher compared to full member. I couldn't get approved after I joined last year. I had to wait for almost a year to qualify for the credit card.

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 02:55 PM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 02:56 PM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA places a lot of emphasis on membership as well as on the "depth of relationship" which means multiple products.

I wonder if the OP had opened a checking/savings if this would have affected the APR at all?

Message 9 of 12
Ron1
Super Contributor

txjohn,

I agree.

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-21-2010 03:08 PM
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.