Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

I just looked at the details and the account was opened in 2000. Date of last activity was in 2004 and it was a charge-off with Capital One. It seems like there was some misunderstanding on my part. Should my mother still dispute it off her reports and call for a recon?
Message 401 of 603
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I just looked at the details and the account was opened in 2000. Date of last activity was in 2004 and it was a charge-off with Capital One. It seems like there was some misunderstanding on my part. Should my mother still dispute it off her reports and call for a recon?
Is it accurate? Or...is it inaccurate?
Message 402 of 603
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

It's accurate.
Message 403 of 603
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
It's accurate.

What would she dispute then?

She could try to write them a Goodwill letter and ask if they would voluntarily remove it. It's worth a try.

Message 404 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score is 706

Util is 65%

Only negative is a BK from 2003 (coming off this fall)

Message 405 of 603
score_building
Senior Contributor

YoungEntrepeneur wrote:

A CO at six years from DOLA, that's not quite aged enough yet as I thought from your previous post.

Sometimes an issuer is more likely to work with a candidate if the CO is paid but not always.

Unfortunately cap1 has a fairly abysmal record on GW requests but it couldn't hurt to try I guess.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 406 of 603
Ron1
Super Contributor

I wonder if I should apply for the card. My TU score was 750 ( perfect credit history, no late, no past due, no charge-off) as of last month.  I have 12 yrs of credit history and 4% util.I only had 4 INQ for last 12 months and AAOA is 6 yrs. What are my chance to get approved for the card?
Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-20-2010 01:28 PM
Message 407 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read here, I would say you have better credit than some of those who have been approved previously...so my guess with a 750, 12 year oldest, 6 year AAoA, and no derogs...you are probably looking good to them.

I would make sure the inquiries are aged to a year if you want to make sure...but I'm not sure how inquiry sensitive they are.  Many people said they had to jump through lots of documenation and other qualification hoops...so unless you just can't wait, I'd make sure inquiries aren't too new and that any new accounts that are reporting should be 6 to 12 months old.

Message 408 of 603
Ron1
Super Contributor

txjohn,

Thanks for your reply. 7/22/09 was last my inquiry from my local CU for product change. Those 7/22,7/13,6/25/,5/28 from last year are inquiries within 12 months. Newly opened account are HSBC Best Buy Platinum MC and USAA World MC just opened this month (not reported yet). According to the report, I owed like $12K of credit debt, no car loan (paid off last year) and no mortgage. Do you think I have a chance to get approved?

Ron. 

Message 409 of 603
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

yes
Message 410 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.