Did you mean: 

Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
NinComPoop
Contributor

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

@MrShush wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:
I called today and my CL is $2,500! 0% x 6 mos and 11.24 Variable afterward. I'm extremely happy! Canceled First Premier today and just cut the card up when I got home. They offered to give me a 6 month credit for my monthly fee if I would keep the card open. Now just awaiting a response from NFCU

Nice! Is this your first card after the rebuilder? Either way, congrats!

@Thank you. Yes this is the first card that I have been approved for besides a secured credit card with a local CU since I've been rebuilding. The only rebuilder card I have now is Household Bank. I'm debating on closing it, but that is now my oldest open account now that FP is closed. I know I'll keep it on AAoA's though so I may pull the trigger but that will leave my oldest active account @ 5 months. Any suggestions?
Message 351 of 603
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@NinComPoop wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:
I called today and my CL is $2,500! 0% x 6 mos and 11.24 Variable afterward. I'm extremely happy! Canceled First Premier today and just cut the card up when I got home. They offered to give me a 6 month credit for my monthly fee if I would keep the card open. Now just awaiting a response from NFCU

@Thank you. Yes this is the first card that I have been approved for besides a secured credit card with a local CU since I've been rebuilding. The only rebuilder card I have now is Household Bank. I'm debating on closing it, but that is now my oldest open account now that FP is closed. I know I'll keep it on AAoA's though so I may pull the trigger but that will leave my oldest active account @ 5 months. Any suggestions?

Don't close your oldest account and don't close accounts if it will bring your number of open revolving TL's under three.

Message 352 of 603
NinComPoop
Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

@NinComPoop wrote:

Don't close your oldest account and don't close accounts if it will bring your number of open revolving TL's under three.

Just found out I was approved with NFCU for $5K!!! This month has been great! Now I have NFCU, Nationwide, local CU, and Household as my remaining open accounts. I also plan on applying for an auto loan within the next few months. I don't need any additional credit cards, so that's the end of my app spree. When do you suggest I close HHB? I don't want to pay the $59 annual fee, but if it'll lower my score I'll keep it open for now...

Message 353 of 603
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

If that is your third revolving TL replace it before you close it.
Message 354 of 603
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

NinComPoop wrote:

Just found out I was approved with NFCU for $5K!!! This month has been great! Now I have NFCU, Nationwide, local CU, and Household as my remaining open accounts. I also plan on applying for an auto loan within the next few months. I don't need any additional credit cards, so that's the end of my app spree. When do you suggest I close HHB? I don't want to pay the $59 annual fee, but if it'll lower my score I'll keep it open for now...

Looks like you have three open revolving accounts plus the HSBC. Since you don't want to pay the fee, I'd plan on closing it the month before the fee is due again.

Stop using the card 2-3 weeks before this point. Pay off your balance online about 5 days before you plan to close it. If it's like my Best Buy store card, it won't credit you for three days after you pay, so keep that in mind. Do a screenshot of the $0 balance, and when you call them up to close, be sure to request that they send a letter confirming that there is a $0 balance on the account. Save that letter and the screenshot in your files, just in case they try to pop up some extra charge after you've technically closed. If you can still access your account after closing, check it twice a month for the next several months, just to be sure. Nothing like getting lates reported on a fee that you didn't know was there. Smiley Tongue

Congrats on the new approvals! Things are definitely looking up.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 355 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just called today and was told I was approved for $7500, 11.24% APR, with 0% for 6 months.  Originally applied on 12/11 (TU pull) and sent in address and employment verification.  They pulled EX yesterday on 1/12.  My TU score is around 720 with 30% util with 1 inq. (my strongest).  EX showed low 700s with around 20 inquiries and higher utilization (due to Alliant CC not reporting on TU).  Took over a month but was approved!  I think the $7500 limit was based on my current highest limit of $7000 showing from Alliant CC.  BTW no negatives on either reports with maybe 3 years AAOA.

For you folks that are still waiting for a response - just letting you know it took over a month for me with 2 forms of verification.  Good luck! 

Thanks.

Message 356 of 603
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called today and was told I was approved for $7500, 11.24% APR, with 0% for 6 months.  Originally applied on 12/11 (TU pull) and sent in address and employment verification.  They pulled EX yesterday on 1/12.  My TU score is around 720 with 30% util with 1 inq. (my strongest).  EX showed low 700s with around 20 inquiries and higher utilization (due to Alliant CC not reporting on TU).  Took over a month but was approved!  I think the $7500 limit was based on my current highest limit of $7000 showing from Alliant CC.  BTW no negatives on either reports with maybe 3 years AAOA.

For you folks that are still waiting for a response - just letting you know it took over a month for me with 2 forms of verification.  Good luck! 

Thanks.

Congrats on the card!  Where did that EX score come from???  Just curious since we can't buy our FICO's any more.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 357 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The EX score came from an LO pull. The score itself is about 2 months old. Current score should be around the same since not much has changed.

Thanks,

Message 358 of 603
aquatic1
Established Contributor

So I had a dream this morning that I received a email from Nationwide saying....Congrats!  You have been approved.   Then I woke up.  Decided that this was a positive sign and called again.....NOPE, they are still "working" on it even though they told me last week to call this week.  Now I am told to call back Monday (yes, they are working MLK day).  Wish me luck next week.

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 359 of 603
score_building
Senior Contributor

WOW aquatic, I daresay you are the applicant of infinite patience Smiley Happy  hang in ther' 

in any case, hope the news is good!  and that you hear soon!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 360 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.