Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Approved for 17.5K Nationwide Bank Visa® Credit Card

ThanksSmiley Happy. I hope so. I 'm still waiting for other people's result before I try to apply.

Ron. 

Message 411 of 603
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I just looked at the details and the account was opened in 2000. Date of last activity was in 2004 and it was a charge-off with Capital One. It seems like there was some misunderstanding on my part. Should my mother still dispute it off her reports and call for a recon?

A CO at six years from DOLA, that's not quite aged enough yet as I thought from your previous post.

Sometimes an issuer is more likely to work with a candidate if the CO is paid but not always.

Unfortunately cap1 has a fairly abysmal record on GW requests but it couldn't hurt to try I guess.

Just talked to my mother and she told me that she had settled the debt with Capital One and it has reported as "settled-paid less than full balance". How long does it usually take for CO's to fall off your CR's?

Message 412 of 603
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It should fall off somewhere around 7 1/2 years after the first delinquency occurred.

That's why a 10-year-old negative shouldn't still be on there, unless we're talking about a BK or something.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 413 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

I applied for this card (Nationwide Bank Platinum Visa) on or about 1/9/2010, via website http://nationwide.com. One click, I submitted my application and then immediately appears a message stating:

Thank you for applying for a Nationwide Bank Visa Credit Card 

Your application ID is:XXXXXXXXXXXXX                                                           

We are currently verifying the information you provided. In doing so, we may contact you to request additional information.

Once your application has been reviewed, we will notify you within 10 days about the status of your account.

If you have any questions, please call us at 1-866-757-2720.

So I decided to wait for the results. But temptation got the best of me so I decided to call them on or about 1/15/2010. I spoke to a CSR and she gathered personal information such as NAME,SSN, and APP ID, and then placed me on hold (1-2 minutes). She returned to the phone and stated " There has been an account set up for you" I said REALLY. She said " Your card was mailed today along with the account details.

CARD DETAILS: (Arrived on 1/19/2010)

Approved  3K credit limit 

No Annual Fee

0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers. First 6 billing cycles.

0% introductory APR for automotive repair purchases. 12 billing cycles from the date of each purchase.

Purchase APR: 7.24% 

Cash Advance APR: 7.24% 

Percentage of Credit Available for Cash Advance: 20%

1% cash back rewards on ALL PURCHASES

SCORES: 

TU:791

EX:813

EQ:803

The only disappointment that I've experience thus far, is the online/banking account management for the card. I have been unable to gain access with their instructions. They are currently working on this issue.  Good luck! 

Message Edited by Creditbuilder28 on 01-20-2010 07:28 PM
Message 414 of 603
Ron1
Super Contributor

I couldn't wait and I just applied for the card. I didn't get instant approval and got the following messages:

We are currently verifying the information you provided. In doing so, we may contact you to request additional information.

Once your application has been reviewed, we will notify you within 10 days about the status of your account.

Was it denial? They pulled TU. I only had 4 INQS for last 12 months.

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-20-2010 07:13 PM
Message 415 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

It isn't an auto-denial. You should be in good shape. 

Message 416 of 603
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply. What was your score when you applied for the card? What is your utilization?

Ron. 

Message Edited by Ron1 on 01-20-2010 07:35 PM
Message 417 of 603
Anonymous
Not applicable

My score at the time with TU which they pulled was 797. Oh I forgot to add my utl was around 5% thanks to citi CLI.
Message Edited by Creditbuilder28 on 01-20-2010 07:38 PM
Message 418 of 603
aquatic1
Established Contributor

UPDATE......no actual update.  called yesterday told to call back today as the supervisor was not there.  Yada yada yada!  Too busy at work today will call tomorrow morning and see if the "supervisor" is in.  If I was so very tired right now I would be angry for the run around....but hey, its not detrimental to my sanity to not have this card now!! lol

Its just funny now that I pulled my TU scores and I have now a 679 and 0% util.  I had thought that my walmart card would have posted already to TU as its now posted on EX.  That would have brought me up to 5% util.

Wish me luck tomorrow....oh yeah, thanks so much to everyone as you wait along with me for my answer!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 419 of 603
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I applied for this card (Nationwide Bank Platinum Visa) on or about 1/9/2010, via website http://nationwide.com. One click, I submitted my application and then immediately appears a message stating:

So I decided to wait for the results. But temptation got the best of me so I decided to call them on or about 1/15/2010. I spoke to a CSR and she gathered personal information such as NAME,SSN, and APP ID, and then placed me on hold (1-2 minutes). She returned to the phone and stated " There has been an account set up for you" I said REALLY. She said " Your card was mailed today along with the account details.

CARD DETAILS: (Arrived on 1/19/2010)

Approved  3K credit limit 

No Annual Fee

0% introductory APR for purchases and balance transfers. First 6 billing cycles.

0% introductory APR for automotive repair purchases. 12 billing cycles from the date of each purchase.

Purchase APR: 7.24% 

Cash Advance APR: 7.24% 

Percentage of Credit Available for Cash Advance: 20%

1% cash back rewards on ALL PURCHASES

SCORES: 

TU:791

EX:813

EQ:803

The only disappointment that I've experience thus far, is the online/banking account management for the card. I have been unable to gain access with their instructions. They are currently working on this issue.  Good luck! 

Message Edited by Creditbuilder28 on 01-20-2010 07:28 PM

If you don't mind my asking - did you have any negs on your report?
I was instantly approved for the card a few days ago with no negs and only two inq, and I'm trying to gauge where my CL might land. I realize basing it on an average of what others got is pretty much like a dart board of randomness, but oh well. I could call them, but I hate being on the phone. Smiley Tongue 

Message Edited by JMN on 01-20-2010 07:53 PM
Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 420 of 603
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.