Re: Approved for AmEx Zync.....through my DW :-/

AMEX AU get their own account number

Message 11 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure? I thought AU's shared the same card number; basically they are just piggybacking.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm an AU on my father's gold card and I have a different account number than him.   I'm waiting until January to apply for my own with hopes of getting it backdated to 2005.

Message 13 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

For those not sure of how AMEX, Backdating and AU's work. From someone who's been there;

Holding 2 cards in my hand. One my primary account, BD'd to 89, the other an AU, my Mothers who I added MS date 11.  If you don't get your Primary BD'd to your own MS, you call and request, it's good to have proof. If you're an AU, the MS date on your card is just that, and for any new accounts you add yourself later, yes you have different account numbers on the cards, how do you think they separate the spending breakdown etc for the end of the year statement? I see 2 separate activity lists online, 1 per card (and account number).

I asked if my mother got another AMEX if she could use my MS date, no, just the AU date when she became a MEMBER under my account, which would always be her MS date even on any new individual account she might later add with her as primary.  AU's are most certainly considered members and get all the perks of any card they are AU on.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

For those not sure of how AMEX, Backdating and AU's work. From someone who's been there;

Holding 2 cards in my hand. One my primary account, BD'd to 89, the other an AU, my Mothers who I added MS date 11.  If you don't get your Primary BD'd to your own MS, you call and request, it's good to have proof. If you're an AU, the MS date on your card is just that, and for any new accounts you add yourself later, yes you have different account numbers on the cards, how do you think they separate the spending breakdown etc for the end of the year statement? I see 2 separate activity lists online, 1 per card (and account number).

I asked if my mother got another AMEX if she could use my MS date, no, just the AU date when she became a MEMBER under my account, which would always be her MS date even on any new individual account she might later add with her as primary.  AU's are most certainly considered members and get all the perks of any card they are AU on.

Nice!  I liked hearing that.  Real Nice.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 19
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Just for the record, AMEX does not use the term Authorized User ( AU ).   You can add an Additional Cardmember to your account.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 16 of 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Just for the record, AMEX does not use the term Authorized User ( AU ).   You can add an Additional Cardmember to your account.

LOL true, but no one would know what I meant if I wrote "ACM".   Oh, I should add, my Mother had an AMEX back in the early 70's or late 60's with my Father. AMEX could not locate the account (probably due to age), though they said if we could find one of the cards they would BD her card under my account to that date. She was an ACM on dad's account I would think, unless they had joint accounts then (she doesn't remember or really care). Sadly I doubt they'd BD mine back to that date being she's under my account Smiley Very Happy   Then I could say "yeah, it was great, had my own crib, diapers, rattle and an AMEX!"  Smiley LOL

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 17 of 19
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congrats to your DW!  My SO just got approved for a Discover with better terms than I did so I know how you feel.  Since your oldest card is only since Aug. '11, you should be well on your way to expand your Amex family in a year or so (among other companies too)! 

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure? I thought AU's shared the same card number; basically they are just piggybacking.

I can attest to this.  While I'm an AU on Chase and Citi with the same account number, I have an "AU" on all 3 of my Amex cards and they all have separate account numbers (off by only one digit I believe).  You can even separate them on the site too by name and charges. 

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ACM and AU's and back dating?

What if one had an Amex card showing up on Transunion back from 1976, and they became an ACM or AU could that card be back-dated to 1976? And then lets say that person later was approved for an an Amex card on their own, and if they were to add an ACM or AU to their new account would the ACM or AU profile be back dated to 1976?

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.